Miller 625 X-treme cut settings

Hi everyone! I’m finally setting up my Crossfire Pro, and I have a Miller 625 X-treme with the handheld torch. Does anyone have a cut settings list for it? Or suggestions for plunge rate, pierce height, etc. I’m currently trying to set up my SheetCAM tool list. I’ve been primarily cutting 20ga, 10ga, or 1/4" by hand up until now and I’m super excited to get this up and running!

Here’s my sheetcam tool list…

Miller Spectrum 625 Xtreme Plasma Toolset v2.tools.zip (10.4 KB)

Remove the .zip extension (it’s not compressed)…and place in your tools directory. File → Open Toolset will load these and you can modify as you see fit.

Good luck!

Edit: Note you should check these against the settings in the manual. I got them from there, but I’ve found they seem to be about 10% too fast - I generally override them by backing off the speed a little, but it takes some trial / error to get things the way you want them.

5 Likes

Thanks so much! I’m almost done with assembly so I’ll be trying these out tomorrow! Do you use a slower speed when you cut internal holes? I’ve read that some people do that.

Yes - there are a number of scenarios where might want to slow down - but the CF Pro software (Firecontrol) does some of that work for you as well. For holes specifically I might run about 50% speed or sometimes even lower. Again, very trial and error depending on material. Once you’ve used it for a bit, you’ll get a feel for what makes sense.

I’ve got a thread I made when I setup my table and some of the mistakes I made here:

Welcome fellow Miller Plasma user :grinning: Be sure to post some pics as you get going!

2 Likes

One more note on the tool set I uploaded - the table itself has a max speed of 300 inches per minute. Some of the book tool values are over that, so just know that on thin stuff like 22ga, the fastest you can go is 300ipm…regardless of what the ‘book values’ are. Just set those down to 300 and should be fine - you might even want to go slower and bump the amperage down a little.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. What happens if you accidentally do load a file that has over 300 ipm into FireControl? does it error out or mess up the table? I’m done working at the blacksmith shop for the weekend, so I’m going to try and get the table finished and up and running today!

Nothing…It just won’t run at the speed specified…

how can I convert the sheetcam settings you listed to work in fusion 360? i downloaded the app that converts tool libraries, but doesnt have a sheetcam option.

You’ll have to create them by hand in Fusion 360. Takes about 20 minutes. I just used the manual and typed in the speeds and material thickness. I dont know of a way to export the ones I have - and even so, I’ve customized them a fair bit, so you’d probably be better off with a fresh start. Welcome to the forums!

1 Like