Mach3 Screen Mods

That is correct Sir, never messed with Mach3 until about 3 months ago when I ordered my crossfire, most of the credit goes to one of the users at machsupport forum that showed me the code to use for what I wanted. I was able to do some of it myself by downloading and looking at other screensets that people had posted.

Here is a video that turned out longer than I expected that will show you how to download and install the screenset and a brief example of what you can use it for.

I forgot to mention in the video but if you don’t like it then just load your original screen set by going back to the view button and then the Load screen button.

Have fun.

5 Likes

As I’ve said before… Outstanding work Donald!!

If someone can make use of it?? Let me tell you… It’s already loaded!! Thanks a bunch!!

I didn’t make any major changes like you did but, I did move a couple of buttons around… I moved the Jog On/OFF button below the Jog Mode button and cleaned up a few of the boxes over by Edit G-Code and Run From Here buttons…(Only to handle my OCD)…

Again, Thanks Donald…

Here’s how mine looks now…

2 Likes

Glad to see that you are making use of it, I uploaded a newer one this morning that will make the pierce counter led flash green/yellow for caution then the outside box flashes red when the max number is reached.

Looks good, hope it helps with your OCD, lol I like numbers and once I looked at Mach3 like an excel spreadsheet it got much easier for me, except for the code.

Safe Cutting

1 Like

can you add the incremental steps unit box for when you click on the steps jog?

Let me know if this is what you are talking about. If not take a screenshot and circle what exactly you are wanting.

Same as before delete the .dxf and drop this in your main Mach3 folder and View then Load Screen.

Modded Plasma with step jog input.set.dxf (85.6 KB)

1 Like

looks good… i’ll try it out tomorrow with the table but i’m sure it’ll work… THANKS!

1 Like

It worked for me last night, just click the input box on the left side, I hit it on the right and it increased the speed, so watch for that.

Donald, great work for just getting into Mach3. Can you point me to the original thread so I can get an understanding of the original topic and discussion?

Maybe this one, it’s been a while and I’m out of town right now so I’ll look around again when I get home.

Is the anyway to make this portion of the screen in Mach 3 larger or open it up in a separate window?
That would be a great mod… see red arrow in pic below

I believe that one of the tabs up top take you to a larger screen of that same box, if we make it larger on the screen that you are showing then we will have to eliminate something else.

As Donald mentioned if you click either MDI Alt2 button or ToolPath Alt4 will change the view and have the Toolpath screen larger but these are completely different views. You can always create your own view as well. ToolJunkie from here and on YouTube created a custom view that he shared as well.

4 Likes

DWalls, what are the modified m3.m1s and m5.m1s files for? I created a new screen set by just deleting things I don’t use and copying and pasting buttons from the original Plasma.set screen and it works fine for me, even on new computers with a fresh install. But others are having problems with my screen set, like torch won’t fire???

In my mods I added the pierce counter and firing time, the modified m3.mis and m5.m1s files have the code in them to allow the counter and timer to work.

As far as just deleting and copying and pasting and moving buttons around you shouldn’t have to do any code modifying that I know of.

Not sure why they are having problems? Where is your screen set posted at?

Hope this helps.

Oh ok, I dont have any problems with my screen, ntk does. I double checked the code and compared it to the original plasma screen and everything is the same…

1 Like

Here is the screen that I made…I had the same problem as you and made my own, I you want I’ll make one for you too…Let me know, Ralph

1 Like

What do you have to do to set it up like this?

Nice looking screen, maybe one day I’ll get back to using my table and give this a try.

Thanks for sharing, stay safe

Hello, I would need your current screenset (to see what your are using) EG: torch control if any, and your monitor resolution so it will fit your screen properly…That’s it : )))
Thanks, Ralph