Mach3 error with dxf conversion

open one of your cam projects in fusion and select a profile that was created and then select Actions/post-process it brings up the window below. and it should say Mach3 plasma under the post configuration heading.

In Mach3 it starts up and asks to choose a profile and it should CrossFire V1.1 Profile and when the window opens on the bottom right it’ll say the same thing where it says profile

I’m pretty sure it does say that. I’ll check in a bit.

Make sure you use the Mach3 Loader shortcut to start it, not the Mach3 Plasma or other shortcut.

Yep I’m good there. Let me check if it’s using the Mach3 post

Yep check on both of those things. It shows mach in the post process and crossfire when I open up mach

heh ok, I see, reading the buffer, you’ve been at this a while and have had a few problems. I just read your post asking how to tell if you are using the right profile. what exactly are you having trouble with? Did you get to the bottom of any of the things you wrote about above ?

I’m currently having 2 problems:

1. Every time I load a g-code in mach3 I get an error that requires me to edit adding G-91.1 at the beginning of the code… every time.

2. My view window in mach3 (once I get it to load) is a 30,000 ft view. Meaning the image it’s so small its just a blip until I zoom in. I did something and it changed the view. And I can’t seem to figure out how to manipulate that view.

Btw thanks for the tutelage. You and James seem to always be there to help.

I did check the things you suggested…not the problem apparently lol

On your issue #2 it’s likely showing you the whole sheet or worktable, there are different ways for that to work. When you do the Cam where you make a setup in Fusion you can pick the “stock Box Point” this is where you orient the axis and select the reference point mach3 uses and the direction from where zero starts, if that makes any sense.

On issue #1 how did you figure out that you needed to insert that command for it to work?

On issue #2 I’ll check that out. On issue #1, I sent an email to langmuir support. The response was to change my IJ (whatever that is) to absolute or add G91.1 to the beginning of the G-code. It was already set to what he told me. So the G91.1 worked… but I have to do it every single time. So something is amiss I’d guess

The way to fix the overly large full table view, in Mach go to Config – Homing/Limits and change the X & Y to 26x24 so it’s a bit larger than the actual table but you’ll get everything. If you have the XL, change to the XL dimensions. It uses whatever dimension units (mm, in) you have in your setup.

1 Like

Thanks James. I fixed the overly large full table view. Still haven’t been able to solve the G91.1 issue