Mach3 error with dxf conversion

guys I followed that video. I don’t know what I could have possibly missed. Bu how do I tell that I’m not using the Crossfire post?

Please upload a screenshot of your system like this:

Also a screenshot of your Fusion Posts folder so we can see your plug-in is in the right place.

Ok when I get home I’ll get that posted. I can tell you mine says users/Kevin…etc. not users/langmuir like your pic shows. I assumed that was because the “user” in the video was langmuir

That’s right. As they noted, that’s the user’s Windows name and it’s not going to be Langmuir.

Ok. Going back through it to get to the post process. Why does the guy in the video use a front view? I have the caster wrench pulled up and I need to view it from the top. Was it because the model was originally drawn in that plane? I assume it is because that’s how the whole thing was modeled.

I don’t know what the heck I’ve done. But it’s AFU now. I deleted the post process cps files and reinstalled then exactly (I think…lol) like the video. Now when I do a set up it won’t let me post. It gives me an error that says something about compensation… but it won’t let me go back and change it to in computer compensation.

Would you suggest at this point to uninstall it all and start over?

Yep.

Since it doesn’t work for anything it’s unlikely a file issue. I’d delete all of the downloads (except your Mach3 license file) and then download and install everything one at a time.

Ok reloaded everything and I was able to post. Still getting the same error. Langmuir suggested setting my ij to absolute…its already set on absolute. Or inserting g91.1 at the beginning of my gcode. How do I do this? Here’s a pic of my post screen in fusion.

Here’s a pic of the error in the status window

Alright! I think I’m getting somewhere. I figured out how to edit the gcode… now I see my toolpath on the screen…but now it’s in a position on the screen that I cannot set my torch to the origin. How to I shift the origin to the correct spot on the slatbed?

Ok…I figured that out. One last issue. One part of the geometry is moving at a really slow feed rate… what did I do there? Lol

thats set in fusion where you made the tap file. looks like your feed rate was set to 6ipm

I set it at 35 ipm in fusion. I did get it cut out last night, but for some reason it skipped over that piece of the geometry.

I’m so encouraged actually cutting out my first part! I had to add G91.1 to the gcode even though my IJ was set to absolute.

The only complaint is the weird glitch in one section. And on the outside cut. the start of the cut didn’t seem to line up with the end of the cut.

If you look at the left side of the wrench you can see the misalignment

Did you have the lead-in & lead-out setup for the outside cut? There’s lots of room for an outside cut to make sure they are clean.

It was the lead in/out.

I did have a question about editing the gcode. Why do I always have to add G91.1 at the beginning? Is this something I’m going to have to do when I draw my own parts as opposed to downloading them. It makes no sense to have to do this. Shouldn’t it correctly convert?

I don’t know. You shouldn’t. That tells the machine to use incremental movements (arc offsets in this case). This should be controlled by your post processor. Are you using the Crossfire Mach3 Post? Are you telling the paths to be incremental?

Is there a setting for that in 360? I am not telling it that on purpose. Lol. How/ where do I check?

How do I tell if I’m using the crossfire post? I tried to install everything per the videos.

You guys are sort helpful. What would us rookies do without you?

If you haven’t had the chance to go through the steps in this video, give it a try…

Took me a couple tries to get it right in the beginning. :wink: