❇ Luddite non laser center pointer

Elegant, very nice!

1 Like

I want one. Unfortunately I don’t have a 3d printer. But I’d buy one for sure. Last weekend I cut some slots in 1 1/4” square tubing to saddle another tube times 8. That would have made my number of test cuts much lower.

3 Likes

This is cool as shit! And 100x simpler than mounting lasers! Impatiently awaiting the stl or step files :grin:

2 Likes

That is totally the way to go. I purchased the crosshair laser and printed a mount for our Hypertherm torch… easily removable as well… but your design is quick and painless and doesnt take batteries… nice job.

3 Likes

i need this file lol this is absolutely genius

1 Like

i have no idea how to DM on this blasted site can I would love to try this out

Click on the avatar (the scary face next to his name “TinWhisperer” in this case) in the upper left corner of the message and then click on the red Message button.

3 Likes

“‘Well, I’ve often seen a cat without a grin,’ thought Alice, ‘but a grin without a cat! It’s the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!’”

4 Likes

I actually see that avatar on a YouTube comment one day I was like wait a minute.

Well dont i feel silly now

1 Like

@TinWhisperer

-Everlast IPT-80m = 1.360″
-Everlast IPT-60m = 1.360″
-Hypertherm 65 sync = 1.357″

(crredit: Machine Torch Holder - Becks Armory LLC)

So ya gonna send me a file? Or… Print and sell me one? lol…

I just have a lowly single filly fdm… i can’t do all this sorcery you can with all the fussumagic and polyfillywamjigers… i do have a mailbox though… no idea where you’re at… or if you’d want to bother…

Or I could just print a plain single material one… shoot… I thought about making a scribe holder… or sharpie holder lol… for ‘dry’ runs…

This is a handy little unit ya came up with here though

I’ll send you a link to our private group chat that has some of the files in it. Still preliminary.

I think I’m planning on selling this with the two pack with a parking place that snaps onto the barrel for them.

Anyhow send you a link to the group chat we can talk about it more there.

2 Likes

This is great info I also need some retaining cap diameters from different manufacturers as well.

kinda funny… I saw that site and that info less than an hour before I stumbled upon this post… I was looking into just making a 3D printed part for this purpose… saves me the trouble… I sort of want a scribe mount, or sharpie mount… would be kinda nice to quickly ‘draw’ cuts… for lots of reasons…

You might want to follow that link and see what other dimensions you could maybe find there.

Also, check here. They have CAD files for lots of stuff if you click the part numbers… this link will take you right to some plasma stuff… not sure what all is there

I use them for lots of stuff… I snagged my edison profiles off there for the 3 Phase panel… I drew everything else… now I’ve learned fusion enough I would probably just draw the edisons from scratch if I had to again… but it’s great to find dimensions for stuff you don’t have your hands and caliper on

2 Likes

Do you need the Razor weld? cause I want one also. When will production ramp up on these?
When can I send my money? Do I send it to you or your wife? :laughing:

1 Like