LS-THC No Connection - SOLVED

Hi @jimt unfortunately it looks like you have a driver issue but i’m confident that we can get it working!

Do you make it to this screen in the driver installer?

After clicking the install button, you should see the success prompt below. Also, if you have your electronics cover off while this Install is running, you should see the red LEDs blinking on your THC unit.

3 Likes

No, I have never seen that screen. Like I said im new to 10 . I can give you remote access to it if that would help. I just need to know how to let you. Its brand new so nothing on it but firecontrol and some driver stuff sinse i got it.

1 Like

@jimt I’d like to post the solution here so that others can follow as needed.

1.) Click this link: https://assets.langmuirsystems.com/firecontrol/drivers/LS-THC_Driver_V3.4.zip

2.) Next, navigate to your downloads folder in Windows Explorer. Right click the LS-THC_Driver_V3.4.zip file in your downloads folder and click ‘Extract All’. Next, click the ‘Extract’ button.

3.) The .zip folder should now extract and it will automatically open the new extracted folder like below.

4.) Double click this .exe file. Make sure that your THC is plugged in and your electronics box is plugged into your computer. Make sure that your screen looks like the one below and click install.

5.) When done successfully you should seen the prompt below. Also, you will notice the Red LEDS blinking on your THC unit when it is downloading this driver.

4 Likes

Ok that was a very simple fix. I now have a green height control. People like me are the reason people like you have job security. :slight_smile: I do thank you and the rest of your team.

4 Likes

Yay! Great news. No on to cutting :grin:

2 Likes

Hi Mike, trying to update the THC firmware. V1.08. When i get to step 7 is where it goes bad. Im guessing its an issue tied into the origanal issue in this topic? Here is a picture of what i get when I click on the Xloader .exe file.

I have tried many times with the exact same results. Thank you.

1 Like

Did you unzip the download or just double-click through until you got to that screen? It needs to be unzipped before it can be run. Also, you need to be connected to the control box with the USB cable. Power on the control box doesn’t matter (on or off).

1 Like

Unzipped it yes. I had a zipped folder unzipped is how i got the box shown in picture. was plugged into control box from pc. And if i click yes as to why it didnt work nothing comes up. Ok ran as administrator and it worked . Damn windows 10 anyhow.

2 Likes

Bought a new computer and I had the same issue but got it figured.

Thanks

1 Like

This is a valuable fix.

1 Like

Also I had the same few “moments of frustration” until I found this post. Now my new year day is saved… I love this way of documenting problems, with the clear “Solved” tag on the heading. Thanks

2 Likes

had the same issues and downloading the driver manually fixed it immediately. thank you

1 Like

Thank you, The missing CH340 was exactly my issue along with my Razorweld front plugs installed in reverse order .

1 Like

THC problem,
When I run the cutting program, the IHC touches down lifts to firing height, it fires then quits and loses up. How can I fix this. TIA

1 Like

Yout THC goes up after it fires ? Then loses fire because its to far off the metal? Making sure i understand your issue.

1 Like

It fires at about 1/16 in. From metal Then it stops

1 Like

The THC locks up after that. I try to start over , but sorry to say with the same outcome

1 Like

You should have pierce height set at 0.15" and cut height set for 0.06" - also make sure you have enough air for your torch.

1 Like

I had a similar issue when I hooked mine up for the first time yesterday. I tried to use the windows 8 driver installer on my W10 PC, but it would not run on windows 10. Then randomly it connected and is detected now after the installer said it could not be run and failed. My new issue is when I press on the Z axis arrows nothing happens. The Z axis will move when it is hooked up to the Y motor controller though.

1 Like

Just finished installing the Zaxis kit for my Gen2 OG XL all went as expected except FireControl would not recognize the THC. Reading this thread I manually installed the Win10 USB THC Driver and ran the THC test successfully.
Great Forum!
Now to clean everything up and try some cuts.

2 Likes