Lotos LTP5000D Plasma Cutter

To be clear, that is NOT the LTP5500D -CNC version. I’ve used the -CNC version for the last 2.5 years without a problem.

EDIT: I have used this on a GEN1 system without a problem. I have no idea if a Gen2 system has issues or not.

1 Like

Glad to hear you’ve found success with it!

Unfortunately, we’ve had conflicting reports regarding the -CNC variant of the LTP5500D. Some users report no issues, while some report the same interference issue as the other variant. We do not know definitively if this is simply a generational difference, though it’s something we keep an eye out for. Due to the uncertainty of the matter, at this time we advise that the use of any variant of the LOTOS LTP5500D is at the user’s own risk.

Have you seen any correlation with being used on Gen1 vs Gen2?

Due to an extremely limited data set, our official stance is that no variant nor generation of the LTP5500D is compatible.

Unofficially, I can tell you that as of now, we’re not seeing a correlation between Gen1 vs Gen2 - however, I have to say that tentatively, due to the low amount of data we have about this specific plasma cutter. Keep in mind that generally people only reach out to support (or post on the forum) when they are experiencing issues. More data is always good, so we’re very glad to hear that you are using the -CNC variant with no issues. As of now, the only thing we can say definitively is that the standard variant of the LTP5500D is not compatible, and for unknown reasons the LTP5500D-CNC seems to be sometimes compatible, so we must inform users that trying it is at their own risk.

2 Likes

Tom,

Bought the 5500d cnc version with Thc ports, but in firecontol, when I run a torch test it errors with voltage of 300v , references the THC requires 50:1 voltage ratio, but believe 5509dcnc is 1:1 from manual insert. Is there a work around this?

If it is 1:1, that is raw voltage and should be connected with the supplied raw voltage cables to the color coded ports on the face of the VIM. The cables are the ones with red and black banana connectors on the end.

2 Likes

I believe the CrossFire VIM box has a direct input call RAW Voltage, but someone like @ds690 would need to answer that.

1 Like

Did this and working !! Thanks for input!

1 Like

Hello I have been beating my brains trying to figure this out I have the same machine doing the same thing so if I crack open my plasma cutter and hook raw voltage up your saying this worked that was my last option just want to double check before doing so thank you in advance

There are a couple different models mentioned in this post. Which model are you using?

2 Likes

No need to crack open the Plasma cutter if you have the CNC version. Just use the CNC ports into the raw voltage on the langmuir box . Not having the leads, I bought cheap harbor freight multimeter for the leads. hope this helps.

1 Like