Looking for some input

Good evening everyone.

I have a general question regarding air pressure. Ive notice while looking at various amp / speeds chart thst quite a few show to change air pressure based on material thickness and amperage setting. Why not just leave the air maxed all the time? Is there an advantage to adjust accordingly to thickness?

Thanks

I keep mine @75 psi all the time. I have never had a problem.

4 Likes

75 psi don’t look back. Just as Bigdaddy2166 stated, never had a problem and cuts are a lot better than lower air psi.

3 Likes

Yup, 75psi… set it and forget it!
EDIT
Well, on my PrimeWeld CUT60 the pressure when the torch is on is 75psi. With torch off, its more like 90psi.

3 Likes

Good Morning,

What kind of plasma cutter do you own?

I set my inlet pressure to 110psi and in automatic mode on my powermax 85 will set the correct output psi. It does have a manual mode too if you need to adjust it for a specialized operation.

4 Likes

75 psi like everyone else and I also leave my amps set at 50 and only vary the cut speed to compensate for thickness. I get awesome cuts with hardly any dross.

4 Likes

Keep in mind that all of these 75psi comments only apply to Razorweld plasma cutters.

1 Like

MY cutter is a titanium 45 from Harborcrap.

1 Like

I’ve used 75 psi for both the Razorweld and the Everlast.

4 Likes

I have one of the older red cased lotos 50 amp cutters. Did change out the original pt 31 style torch for a sg 55 style, made it act like a whole different machine. So much smoother and consistent cut.

1 Like