Looking for Help

I cannot for the life of me understand the 360 software. I have no experience with cad or anything like this. I’ve invested too much into my machine to just give up. That being said, is there anyone that I can send files to that would be willing to get them ready for me to just put on my machine and go? I’d be willing to work out a price per piece agreement until I can actually figure it out. Plus, you would be able to keep all the files I send you for your own use as well.

@OHejlYeah Welcome to the forum. What types of files are you trying to produce? Dimensional parts or artsy stuff like signs ect.? Start simple and you will catch on. If you click on @TinWhisperer avitar he has some concise simple videos that go through the fusion workflow specific to Langmuir. Also, he regularly live streams on twitch, usually 5:45-6 am MST

Let’s get you cutting.

2 Likes

Lots of people willing to help.

Post an example of what you’re trying to do and we can walk through a few scenarios.

If you’re looking for a finished cut fileswe’re going to need to know a lot more about the scenario.

What kind of plasma cutter you have, what kind of consumables you’re using with it , etc

I’m sure we can get you up and cutting until you can use Fusion on your own.

1 Like

Right now, I have some scrap 4 inch wide 1/4 inch thick steel that I bought. We were just trying to do a simple “f bomb” bottle opener for our first cut. I have the Langmuir pro with the cut 45 plasma cutter.

@OHejlYeah Welcome to The Forum.

Could you export your f3d file?

At the 20:30 minute Mark in this video I export a f3d file. If you need to see how to do it.

I think being a new user you’re going to have a limited number of responses for today and you won’t be able to upload until some kind of threshold is met. I’m not sure if it’s 24 hours or a certain many posts but something triggers your ability to be able to upload.

You could PM an upload I think just not to the open forum.

1 Like

f_bomb_side_open

This is what im trying to do. If you have time and dont mind, could you do a tutorial on it from scratch. I completely understand if you dont have time.

Welcome to the forum.

Given your lack of experience with CAD, I HIGHLY recommend that you use a simple drawing program that can produce DXF or SVG files and use SheetCam as your CAM tool. It is extremely easy to use and you will get some use out of your system much sooner.

A 3D CAD tool like Fusion 360 is excellent for 3D CAD, but a Plasma Cutter is fundamentally 2D machine and can be satisfied with much simpler software.

QCAD is probably the easiest drafting program and is good enough for this application and it’s free.

3 Likes

I don’t think he can send DMs as a new user either.

2 Likes

Where can I find QCAD? At this point, im wiling to give anything a shot to get my machine up and running. Thank you for benig so helpful and not making me feel stupid. I really do appreciate it.

1 Like

Ok, i downloaded QCAD, i opened it and its still way beyond my scope. Help me Obi Wan, youre my only hope!! Forgive my dorkiness.

I can walk through it on Fusion twitch stream but it’s going to be later tonight maybe around 8 PM Pacific time if the stars aligned.

What is fusion twitch stream?

Like the link I sent up above

is that an app i can download??

Twitch is what he steams on. Think YouTube.

He will be walking you through how to work with your file in fusion 360. You can just click on the link and watch on your computer… or your phone you don’t need the app. I recommend the computer so you have a big enough screen to see what he is doing. If you have two monitors you can watch on one and have fusion open on the other.

Also you can go back and watch it as many times as you need.

What type of file is it you have?

Qcad takes a little getting used to but for drawing simple things it is a good tool.

1 Like

The file that is linked above which might be hard to see cuz it’s black on black is a SVG of a f-bomb bottle opener.

I would encourage you to learn, at first it’s a ton to take on. But with a little patience and a bunch of youtibe videos things will start making alot of sense.
What I may think is a good design you may think is trash and vice versa.
This is the beauty of being able to design it yourself.
The hardest part of fusion is the terminology, or trying to explain to someone what you are trying to achieve.
Keep chugging on man, don’t give up. I’ll help with what I can, however I’m also a novice user lol

i have it as a dxf and a jpg file. my computer wont open them, but somehow my wife got it to import into fusion, but we couldnt figure out what to do with it once she got it there. At any rate, im also afraid my 6 year old laptop isnt going to be enough to handle these applications.