Longer cable needed

Is there anyone that makes or can make me a longer cable for the PrimeWeld 60 for my crossfire pro? I need a 12-15 ft

what kind of cable?

for the cnc control

use these to extend the torch on/off and thc cables.

https://a.co/d/covdYDR

I need a new cable… it got cut somehow.

I bought the cables that @nicaDd recommends (at his recommendation). They work perfectly.

I did find this other listing that “claims” it is 14AWG wire. Always buyer beware but it claims you could go up to 20 feet or more. It is “Free Returns” if it does not work.

I couldn’t copy the link, it wasn’t working - could be an omen?!

i have seen that one also recommended. i believe @ds690 uses that one so maybe he can chime in on whether it’s actually 14g or not…

I have been using the one i posted for the past 3-4 years now with no issues.

2 Likes

just buy one of those and cut off the end you don’t need and solder it back on the cnc port or the remaining bit of cable still attached.

1 Like

This still doesn’t tell us what cable you need. There is a torch on/off cable and a divided voltage or raw voltage cable. There is no “all in one” CNC cable for the Primeweld

This is the cable that I used to replace my torch on/off after I stepped on it and broke the connector. It is 14 ga wire, which is probably overkill and much heavier than the original wire. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08L6LJ5F4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

1 Like

the THC that plugs/scews in to the control box

This still doesn’t make any sense. The THC cable that plugs into the electronics enclosure doesn’t go the plasma cutter. It goes from the small plastic VIM box to the electronics enclosure.

This is a list of all the cables that go to a machine that has a torch height control.

1-USB cable from computer to electronics enclosure.

2-IHS cable that goes from the Z axis to the electronics enclosure.

3-Torch on/off cable that goes from the plasma cutter to the electronics enclosure.

4-Divided or Raw voltage cable that goes from the plasma cutter to the VIM box.

5-Cable that goes from the VIM box to the THC port on the electronics enclosure.

3 Likes

Well then… it must be #5

If it’s 5, I bought two of these in Feb and they are doing fine.

DC 12V Power Adapter Extension Cord Cable 10ft (3m) 18AWG 2.1mm x 5.5mm Male to Female Plug for CCTV Security Surveillance Wireless IP Cameras, DVR, LED Light Strip, Max Load 10A (amazon.com)

The confusion could be that due to how short the raw voltage to VMI cables are, the VMI has to be mounted at the cutter unless extensions are used. The term “to the cutter” may just be semantics.