Live voltage fluctuations/non- zero at reat

Ive got the ceossfire xr and it has been running good until the other day. When i firat turn the machine on everything seems to be fine. Rest live voltage is zero as it should be. After anywhere between 15 and 30 minutes running, my live voltage will suddenly jump to 5 volts and start missing the beginning or even entire cuts. Then it will bounce between 5 and 20 volts. Just out of nowhere like someone flipped a switch. The machine is usless unless i can get the issue figured out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! I’ve moved this to the Crossfire XR category where it will get more ‘eyes’ on it.

Also, as an XR owner there is a hotline for support and @langmuir-cameron is the direct support person.
See: Xr Support | Langmuir Systems

Be aware, however, their service hours are generally weekdays only.

1 Like

I can’t be 100% sure about what resolved my issue similar to this but I would clamp to a magnetic ground from time to time instead of clamping directly to material. I stopped using the magnet and haven’t had the issue since. My voltage would get way out of wack and it would take 30 minutes or so before voltage dropped back to zero. I checked all connections and contacts prior to removing the magnetic ground. BOL

1 Like

XR CHECKLIST REV4.pdf (2.9 MB)
Please read the IHS Fail and Non-zero resting voltage sections of the guide for information.