Linking constraints issues

I am trying to design a medal based on a drawing. I traced it in fusion 360 and now when I generate a tool path I have linking constraints. Ive been through the forum and have tried muliple different things and each time a different cut is either added from the previous run or is now omitted. I have no clue whats going on. I cant even upload it here because it wont let export it as a dxf or other acceptable file. Seriously starting to think this is more hassle than its worth because I havent been able to cut anything other than a bottle opener. Every other design I try either made by myself or downloaded from here I have issues with. Another example of this is I downloaded the wine rack from here. Going off comments it ran perfect for everyone. I had linking constraint issues with it and I still cant get it to cut either.

I am going to suggest to you to reach out to @brownfox and pay for a a couple of hours of some help.
he is very talented and I have seen a few people find their problems and start cutting within an hour.

let me put it to you this way…all the hours and frustration and the money you put out is not worth throwing it al away…

I was a complete noob at this and have had a great time learning and making some petty cash to boot.

1 Like

Ditch fusion for art and switch to a vector drawing program and sheet cam. Problems will be solved. Take a look at my profile, it has a link to my YouTube channel that might be enough to get you going.

1 Like

thanks but i dont have $200 to spend atm

do you have the patients not to spend it?..
I think he charges $50/hr…and most people are on their way in an hour…

I’m just finding it hard to justify putting anymore money into it. The only place to get steel near me i have to pay $220 for a sheet of 12gauge. I cant even sell a $5 bottle opener. Putting another $200 into programs just isn’t worth it to me right now. Im just fed up with everything. Because I’ve had people ask me to cut stuff for them but once I tell them a price they walk away. But that’s probably a good thing because I can’t even get the programs to work. I sincerely appreciate you trying help me but right now I just can’t bring myself to sink more money into this.

It’s quite literally the difference between spending hours trying to toolpath, and minutes to successfully do it. It may be a hard pill to swallow but it’s an investment. $200 to simplify the workflow and move forward.

I’ve encountered problems with linking constraints recently and it sound like the same problem your having.It almost seems like a bug in the program because my work flow hasn’t changed.

I took a look at one of the wine rack drawings in FireShare… It had overlapping lines which Sheetcam found and wanted to automatically take away…

I forgot how 360 works. I know no matter what, it’s not a good thing to have these but, is this one of the things that causes “linking constraints” in 360?

1 Like

Right click on the sketch in the drop down menu on the left hand side of the screen and click on save as dxf.
Post it here or email it to me at derrick@fortifyfabworks.ca and I’ll take a look and tell you what your problem is.

1 Like

well i figured out why i cant export it. I need to have the paid version. Figures they would hide that behind a paywall haha. Also I just thought about this but is there a minimum size letters and numbers need to be? Because right now the design is 4.5"x4" which is making the letters and numbers roughly 3/4" tall and about the same width. Im thinking thats probably my issue.

If you read my comment above it tells you how to save a dxf

if you are mostly doing signs and playing with the table…for design I might suggest inkscape…it is free and does everything pretty dam easily…and there are a lot of videos on youtube…then if you ned to spend any money you do it on Sheetcam for post processing…

1 Like

It depends on your kerf width. 3/4 is doable with the right font. The smallest I have been able to go is just over a half inch with fine cut consumables on my hypertherm (.029 kerf). This also requires modifying each letter sometimes.

Two things come to mind. One is the kerf that your torch has and it’s intersecting another cut. And two I found that when creating the toolpath at the point where you’re supposed check your entry point, instead of selecting an entry point leave it blank and let the program figure it out.