Limit Switch Availability

:crossed_fingers:

I really dont have much room to talk, my crossfire pro might have sat unassembled for quite some time until last week… maybe

1 Like

ditto on setting unassembled. Almost done now.

I’m ready to connect the limits to the board. Is there a pinout available to show where they connect? I’ll worry about software later. Having the hard connections done would be nice.

there are pinouts on the board but aren’t available for use since they haven’t been implemented in firecontrol yet. until that happens, there’s no point.

I’m really disappointed to hear this. I’ve already installed the switches, brackets and wires. Before I did the work I asked @langmuirsystems if there was a place to connect limit switches and the reply was “YES”. Does anyone know if interrupting a pin on the stepper motor drive would cause a serious issue… ie a component burnup? My next idea would be to shut the drive down or suspend axis movement until I could shut the program down and manually reset the limit. If this is possible I will elaborate more.

While there absolutely are pinouts to connect limit switches to the Gen 2 electronics, there are a few other complications.

Currently, our plan is to put out a datasheet describing the limit switch capability for Gen 2 Machines sometime in a ~month from now and also be releasing a plug-and-play kit that can be purchased directly from us soon after that.

Firmware and software updates also need to be released to accommodate limits but these changes will be ready and/or released by that time.

11 Likes

You can go ahead and take my money for the plug and play now! (I am familiar with and have NO problem with “Pre-sales” at LS!)

1 Like

They’re definitely getting ready for it!

2 Likes

“goose pimples are running all down my body!”

Untitled

2 Likes

I know this is an old post @langmuirsystems but I just installed the latest Firecontrol and seen the limit switches as an option, has anything been updated for the Crossfire Pro yet?

1 Like

I’m sure the next update will be that they are available for purchase. It’ll be unlikely that anything else will be said till then.

The statement " or installed crossfire limit switch kit"
From this pop up message it sure makes it seem inevitable.

6 Likes

Are we there yet?

How 'bout now?

2 Likes

How did you find this post 38 min ago?? It was google for me.

1 Like

I’m in for limit switches.