Learning how to 3D scan

If anyone’s interested in the new Revo point 3D scanner there’s a live stream today showing off this new product.

Here is the blurp from the email about the live stream.

"Dear backers,

We heard you. Some of you are not fans of Facebook. So we will share our livestream on YouTube and Facebook.

Our livestream will be at 7:15 PM EST on Feb. 11th. Check the links below:

Facebook: Redirecting...

YouTube: MEET REVOPOINT RANGE - YouTube

Please note that this is a trial livestream for us. The stream might have a bit of lag as we need to optimize our network. So please be understanding.

Best regards,

The Revopoint Team"

I love it how the revopoint team understands that some people do not use Facebook.

Here are some scans from the beta testers I am very stoked for this product.

2 Likes

Live stream about the upcoming range scanner right now on YouTube

Just paid my duty, brokerage, taxes (115) on my new revopoint range scanner.

In this video from product design online came up in my feed minutes after after pay for it.

Nice video of a work flow to use Fusion 360 with scan data.

Secrets to building on 3D scans in Fusion 360:

Should have the new scanner by early next week ,pretty excited.

3 Likes

It has arrived on schedule here in Canada.

I still have quite a bit of work ahead of me today before I can play…

3 Likes

LIKE! LIKE! LIKE!

Congrats on the new device… I will be watching your posts and impressions and waiting for my own to arrive.

-TM

1 Like

WOW yet another new scanner by Revopoint .

Here is some information.

there is a contest to win one in the links. :arrow_up_small: :arrow_up_small: :arrow_up_small:

b23f5b070ffcf0f89b924a190843f7847e86a990_2_690x362

and if you join the discord server for the Revopoint giveaway look up the Langmuir Discord Server too

3 Likes

And another new scanner from Revopoint.

That is 5 new products in 2 years … crazy.

This product replaces it all. A stand alone scanner that can scan from micro to mega.

Revopoint MIRACO 3D Scanner Kickstarter Sign Up (revopoint3d.com)

2 Likes

Indeed, one of the reasons that I won’t buy another one. It will be obsolete before it’s even delivered.

2 Likes

That is how I am feeling too.

I have a few of their scans now…

1 Like

So are you guys doing any 3d scans?

Or did the scanners not work like you thought?

I’ve used mine to make 3D Knockoffs of cast medallions so that I can copy the pattern on to tops for turned wooden boxes. That worked well because it was a 3D pattern on top of a round disk, hence the positioning of the scanner could be fixed while the piece was on the turntable. Also the sublimater spray was easy to use on such a piece.

I’ve found that I need the sublimater on everything I’ve scanned otherwise texture and reflection variations gave the software some confusion. So, like everything else it requires learning and I’ve only learned enough to meet my immediate needs.

4 Likes

Yeah…so I dipped my toe into this and got a Creality CR-Scan Ferret. Works with phone or PC, for medium to large objects - which is what I wanted.

So far the only phone it works with is my Samsung S9 Android 10. I have 2 other devices running Android 13, and the app crashes - disconnects the camera after a few seconds of scanning - which sucks because I specifically bought one of them for this purpose.

The Einstar 3D Handheld is my planned next step for a bigger, one. We will see.

2 Likes

Sry to thread necro here, but in case you want to rabbit hole down absolute displacement measurement, I sold (applications engineering) line scanners from Micro Epsilon (https://www.micro-epsilon.com/) for about 5 years into all avenues of engineering and manufacturing, but you’re talking laser lines with 1024 and 2048 points up to 2 kHz across 100mm width profiles with 250mm-ish offset from the part.

WAYYY more precise than camera based scan systems depending on how much resolution you need off your part, but you pay for it. Encode your axis and they can make 3d topographical images that you can splice together.

Just so you guys know, blue light / lasers only really excel when you’re trying to scan organic or hot materials that would absorb or emit relative wavelength light.

2 Likes

what does this mean?

1 Like

To bring a thread back from the dead…

3 Likes

Knick…I am never going to learn all of this crypto-social-new language.
“Roll tide”, “thread necro” …this just keeps happening. Another post-it going up on my screen. It is starting to look that someone with dementia lives here! :roll_eyes: :man_facepalming: :slightly_smiling_face: :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

so what does this mean?

hmmmm… I think if things get to hard for me I wont participate. I dont have room for post-it notes on foolish stuff, I need all the room I have for normal things I cant remember!

4 Likes

I got this Terrance:
Sry: send red yarn

I haven’t figured out the “to” yet

1 Like

That would be( sorry to) I assume anyway

1 Like