Learning 3D printing

That is pretty cool!

I was watching the video of it scanning the dragon and was a little uneasy about the number of times that it gave “lost signal” and a few other alerts but the final result after meshing was impressive.

Craig…STOP making me want MORE!!! :rofl:

All you have to do is schedule another trip and you got it. Maybe you could do Whidbey island? …or might i suggest Utah :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It is interesting that you say that: both have been suggested by Mrs. ChelanJim.

She really does not care where we go. She just wants to go. But truthfully, I think the two trips that are planned for this year (almost typed ‘next year’…yikes, creeping up on me!) will be all I can handle.

One more trip and I am sending the printer and the filament back! :rofl: (Bambu does not take returns.)

2 Likes

Bring them with you on your trip to Utah… two birds with one stone! :rofl:

2 Likes

Plan a romantic camping trip to the garage… It just might work!

3 Likes

just think how you’d mix this with a crossfire and bambu (throw in a fiber laser too!)

3 Likes

I already picked up the creality ferret. Wanted to try and see how it goes. The Einstein you linked is my next purchase if I decide to keep with it.

1 Like

Craig, I am wise to your willy ways. First you talk me into this:

Once I get it and have some issues, you tell me that you just bought this:

Edit: Or better yet, you tell me that a friend just happened to have a spare one and gave it to you!!!

4 Likes

Vision Minor still has it at 899 but make it quick. I called them this morning and they’re going to raise the price today. So I ordered one ha! With tax and shipping it was $968 total.

2 Likes

It’s the software thing that is stopping me from purchasing one. This would crash fusion. You’ll have to post some videos once you get it and start playing with it. I do think this is the best one for under $1000.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. Millions of data points.

This came out yesterday

4 Likes

214,000 facet counts for this one item!

Imagine the entire front end of that car.

But good catch for the video. That shows how 3D Printing is just going to keep progressing. Nice to see Fusion 360 staying in the loop. I am not making any judgements to say they are leading or following. Just nice to know they are having ways of dealing with the mesh files.

Check out the interest in this file for one day:

2 Likes

My business partner, the knowledgeable one, said workflow reduce the mesh in blender or meshmixer then import into Fusion. Nice touch with Sagan.

2 Likes

7.8 million facets

2 Likes

@TinWhisperer I am probably late to the party… but I just noticed the thread title changed… With this change, can I assume you have now mastered 3d printing? :wink:

1 Like

I changed the post title this morning. Makes it more searchable and so many different folks are getting involved. I don’t think Tin expected it to take off like it has on the forum. Tin can change it back if for some reason he cares.

2 Likes

Tin has not posted in a while here. Where is Tin?

1 Like

I plan on making some toy wheels this weekend and mixing PETG and TPU. I’m working on a metal plasma cut car. Any advise before i do it?

to hang on the wall or a 3D version?