Lead in issue? The cut is starting in my finished part...why?

The cut and the piece is perfect … accept the plasma start is creating cut marks on the wrong side. What am I missing? Should I have the lead in set to Inside or outside? Or… Should I have it off entirely in this case? Ideally I would like to know how to tell the fusion 360 to start in the middle of the holes and then work out to the cut line.

Running fusion 360, with a razorweld 45 on the pro table.

Thoughts?

Inside on inside cuts (hole) outside on outside cuts ( profile). How is you lead in length?

1 Like

The lead in length seems to be good. I think you hit the nail in the head here. I just need to set the lead in correct. Just need to learn how to do that for the different cuts on the part. I’m trying to learn this stuff. Its been a fun journey. Thank you for the super quick reply to my post

Any time lots to learn. I worked for a man that’s was in his late 80s. Said he was still learning!!

1 Like

You can select inside or outside to start when you are generating the cutting path info. You’re supposed to be able to tell by the blue arrows, but I can’t go by that. Both look the same to me,
Loop Starting

2 Likes

you click on the arrow when you are in the contours to change from inside to outside or vice versa.

2 Likes

I think I got it. I will try and cut a new piece Monday and post the pictures to show the result of the changes.