Langmuir Systems CrossFire Pro Discussion Thread

OOPS! its 7am PST. Going to change that in OP.

1 Like

Get in line guys :grin: This is just like the XL frenzy :wink:

2 Likes

James! No dinner that day. You will be late ordering!

More like the original CrossFire presale! We initially set aside 75 machines for the $795 price and figured they would sell in a few hours and then switch the price to $895 when it did. In other words there was no automated switch. What actually happened was we sold hundreds in the first second of the sale before we could realize what was happening and increase the price. To make matters worse, there were hundreds more people that were in checkout at that very instant that had added it to their cart when it was 795, then were charged 895 unknowingly. It was truly insane. Thereā€™s a lot that i canā€™t talk about as far as the run up to the launch, but trust that it was a wild time.

Only difference between now and then is that we needed the money to build the CrossFires, and this time we donā€™t. Only reason we are running a presale, frankly, was that it was really fun the first time around and we figured why not do it again. Plus it gives good people a good deal.

8 Likes

Hah! This one is in the morning and I donā€™t eat breakfast!

Iā€™m thinking thereā€™s a different definition of ā€œfunā€ between the two sides of the country weā€™re on :wink:

3 Likes

If I hadnā€™t already started my new table I would be first inline to buy this. This thing looks badass!

I might have missed it, But how many are in the first batch preorder? Im hoping To get in. Work often gets into the way of my fun. Afraid i will miss batch 1! Just got in for lunch and havnt had time to read much about it. Thank you.

I know the first thing Iā€™m buying for this table is the engraver attachment for my torch!

3 Likes

Will this THC work with the Pro table?

https://www.eagleplasma.com/proma-thc-sd.html

The pro table comes with THC

for an additional $400ā€¦

Oh yes of course. I though you were unaware that it was available. I guess weā€™ll have to see whatā€™s inside the box. I think the SD can be added to any machine as it works regardless of mach3 or the crossfire.

ahhhh I so need this. This would be my 3rd machine. Unless you plan to offer the upgrades for the current machines. I have one right now I run and another new on in box waiting to be expanded. @langmuir-daniel

1 Like

sooo how many are going to be available for the first round of presale?

iā€™m ready to purchase with THC right now! I am hoping there is some kind of ā€œexisting customers go firstā€ offer since i not only purchased the crossfire, but the XL as well! maybe? fingers crossed!

1 Like

I wonder why you didnā€™t go with a rack and pinion design? Is it less accurate? Can the pro carve well with a router, how fast are feeds and speeds? langmuir-daniel

We prefer lead screw drive for many reasons, but the main two reasons are accuracy and acceleration. Secondary reasons are that it is much easier to control backlash. The rapid speed of the machine is 300 ipm, same as the CrossFire.

What will be the cost of the router kit if you know yet?

I was about to jump ship and go to the new millright mega V. Lol. I want the ability of the router for sure. Do you have a time frame for the router attachment? I definitely need it as part of my business. I want to stay loyal to you guys, just need to know my optionsā€¦ I was going to get in on millrights Kickstarter tomorrow. Also, are the router and plasma heads interchangeable?

You and me both :slightly_smiling_face: I already have a laser alignment.

BTW, us the torch holder the same as the one used currently? Iā€™ll need to swap out my machine torch ring and laser pointer mounts.

1 Like