Langmuir Systems CrossFire Pro Discussion Thread

Hey Everyone! Many of you probably saw this morning that we have announced a new product- the CrossFire PRO 48.25" x 33.3" CNC Plasma Table. Here is the website: www.langmuirsystems.com/pro

This machine will be available for pre-order next Monday at 10AM est for $1995

Please ask your questions here and we will do our best to answer them!

1 Like

How does the THC work on this one? Also will parts for it or a n upgrade be made available separate to the machine for the crossfire?

1 Like

Yes, an upgrade kit will be available for the CrossFire which will use the PRO Z axis and PRO Electronics. We expect to offer this for sale in January (same time we start shipping PRO machines).

The THC works like others do in the industry. The controller takes arc volts as an input and outputs up down signals to the motion control board. Mach3 decides whether or not to ignore those up down signals based on the nature of the cut.

2 Likes

SO IT looks like 2395.00 + we would have to get a add-on THC module to have constant Z height control through-out the entire cut? is that correct.

I see the unit is now supported on both sides with Y axis rails, is this due to the extra weight I assume now with the added Z axis motor and support structures.

The literature on the PRO states INITIAL HEIGHT SENSING. AND THEN compatible with THC modules?

Does the pro feature full THC throughout the cut or would we have to purchase a add-on THC module on top of the 2395.00 unit?

The length of the gantry on the CrossFire was the longest we felt was feasible with a cantilevered attachment. Since this machine has over 48" travel along the gantry, we decided to do away with the cantilever. The cantilever is also not super necessary given that the PRO is wide enough to accept a full sheet width wise.

If you get in batch 1 you are looking at $2395 WITH THC included. All you would have to pay for beyond that would be shipping.

1 Like

Now is there any way we can trade in our current machines for some off this new one? Hahah
I hate a good deal, I need to be saving for a new house

1 Like

how much will it cost for THC up grade for cross fire

Are you using the same break out board as the original Crossfire? I see it is USB, from what I have found there are not many USB motion controller boards that support Up/Down THC control, supposedly the communication loop is to slow. So is the THC method Step/Dir between the break out board and the Z axis, or is it true up down communication with Mach?

We are still working on pricing- but i’m proud of our reputation of offering our products at fair prices and this will be no different.

2 Likes

We looked into this and it didn’t make good financial sense for either party.

I had a feeling! Looks like an amazing setup, wish I could buy one right now haha.

I’m sure youll be fair. I’m just getting ready to make my first cut on the 33 + 25 table. the new table will be a huge success.

2 Likes

The offer seems like a great deal, just don’t know what I would do with the Crossfire I have now.

This is very exciting stuff, if only Washington could keep secrets as well as you guys do!

1 Like

ON THIER page it says 750.00 I believe plus shipping but after all batch 1 & 2 pro tables are delivered

just one more question. Lol. will the pre - order be offered as a finance option on the Pro?

NEVER MIND. I ALREADY SAW YOU GUYS ANSWERED THIS QUESTION ON YOUR SITE.

Unfortunately, no. We discussed this with our finance partner and even presented some options for us to partially secure the loans, but its against their company policy.

I am ready to hit the buy button now!! My x fire will be going for sale once the pro comes in

3 Likes

Finger is already on the button lol

1 Like

Will there be an announcement on when we can start to order the Z axis package, as well as other “pro parts” to upgrade our original tables? I know it been announced Jan, just wondering on exactly when for parts…
Great news by the way!
Congratulations on the new table design!
You guys are definitely killing it for the start up guy/gal

7AM? The website says 10AM. I set a calendar appointment so I don’t miss it :grin: