Just did my first cuts!

PC. It’s a 2.3GHz 4gb ram machine.

Which version of Windows?

Windows 10 home 64 bit

Thanks for letting us know. I recommend installing that version of FireControl i mentioned and trying again. The nature of what you are experiencing has me wondering if its being caused by electrical noise. If you turn THC off and dry run the program, does it run without fail?

Are you using the USB cable supplied with double ferrite chokes?

I feel super dumb, but I haven’t figured out how to dry run yet. I get a voltage error even with the THC unplugged.

Click that button to toggle off THC. That will allow you to run the program with the torch off. Make sure you have material on the table because it will still do IHS moves.

2 Likes

Thanks for such rapid support. Im downloading now and will report back in a few when it’s back up and running.

No issues with THC off dry run. Now im not certain if it’s the software update or the THC interference lol. Im using the USB provided also.

Ok-with THC toggled off can you run the program with plasma cutter on?

Im having the issue where it does the lead in then freezes with the torch on now. Im going to restart everything and try again.

The software update Daniel linked is a hotfix for some visualizer performance issues. We plan to release FireControl 20.2 on the site today as the first official software update which will improve visual performance even beyond the hotfix release so stayed tuned!

Definetely sounds like an electrical noise issue from the plasma cutter (which is odd because you are running a RW45). Noise can affect USB communication which FireControl relies on for communication with the machine. Can you try a few things?:

1. Run the program with THC toggled off in FireControl and also disconnect the THC plug from the Electronics Enclosure.
  2. Move the Laptop and the plasma cutter as far away from eachother as possible and run again.

Please let us know what you find.

Got it! I moved the plasma a few inches further away (about as far as the torch lead would allow) and it ran perfectly. Not the greatest cut, but I think that’s due to one of my settings.

Again, thanks so much for such awesome support. You guys are top notch!

1 Like

Since you’ve isolated the electrical noise issue, I’ll jump in on this. I normally run with my work clamp attached to the material and because it’s often smaller than the table, one side of the clamp’s handle is in the water. Works fine.

1 Like

Just had it happen again :frowning: going to try another laptop later and see if that’s my issue.

I’ve always clamped to the side of my water table, in the water. I’d be curious if anyone has a good reason why this is an issue?

1 Like

We are sorry to hear that! Another laptop could help but it really does sound like a noise issue. We are going to do some EMI noise testing on Monday so we can better understand the issue. There are several strategies that can be used to combat noise so hopefully we can provide more guidance for you soon! In the meantime you were on the right track with moving your plasma cutter as far away as the cables will allow and hopefully another laptop will offer some improvement.

1 Like

Is it noise between the laptop and the plasma or the control box and the plasma? Just so can make sure im getting it as far away from the right thing.

1 Like

Curious if you are still experiencing the noise related issues? We did a bunch of testing and have a fix for it fortunately. We posted about it here so please check it out when you can and let us know!

I am. Just sent an email. Thanks!!