Just bought a cross fire pro and haveing some file issues

I generated a cad/cam file on autodesk 360 and saved it as a NC file and tried to open it on the firecontrol app and it gave me a warning when i tried to upload it. Incorrectly generated using a post processor for mach3. What does this mean and how do i fix it this cad cam stuff is a pain in the ass is there a better learning videos besides the crap langmiur gives you to watch that jumps around.

Sounds like you need to make sure you have downloaded the correct post processor and that is is saved/selected in Fusion 360.
Go here and download it.
Downloads | Langmuir Systems

2 Likes

Langmuir videos are fine to get you cutting.
Maybe study more till it makes sense

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m not sure how i missed that part.

well thanks…and that is exactly what I have been doing and needed to be pointed in the right direction on what I had missed.

Actually I think people that have problems upfront and have to dig into how the thing works are much better in the long run. It will all start to click soon just keep at it.

1 Like

Langmuir’s tutorials do a good job covering the basics. If possible, watch them with double monitors so you can work along with them…

I think one problem you might be having is that fusion has updated several times since those videos were made and the menus ect. are likely much different now.

Product Design Online has several YouTube videos that are updated to the 2023 version… they are very in depth and cover much more than you need for 2d plasma so you may want to be selective in which videos you choose to start with.

@TinWhisperer also has some videos that cover the basics if you click on his avatar, you will get a link to the videos. @DonP has also started doing some quick tutorial videos.

It would be helpful if Langmuir updated their tutorial videos with the 2013 version… but fusion has been changing so fast it’s understandable that they haven’t.

If you have a specific question, or something you are struggling with, there are people here who can help you.

3 Likes

1 Like