It's been awhile. Post those projects!

Thanks to dogcreekcustoms for this design. Made it for my 2 year olds birthday. Turned out pretty good. Painted with neutron star and baby rockstar sparkle powder coat from prismatic powders.

5 Likes

very nice. also my 12yr old daughters name.

I got one and love it… then I wanted to cut a brass piece. I ended up just clamping a ‘C’ clamp to the brass sheet and attaching the mag clamp onto that. Worked just fine, and it’s so much easier for sheet steel.

Magnetic work clamps work fine as long as you keep them clean and use them on clean metal. Always use gloves to remove them after you have been cutting or welding . They can get very hot and burn you bad.

4 Likes

Modified a HF cabinet as my new welding cart for multiple welders and way more storage. Drawers are already full.

Base is 2x2 1/8" angle iron. Designed, cut and bent a few side trays and a double bottle rack. Didn’t do a good job of getting any photos during the process. I’ll paint some of the extras next round I spray.

IMG_6827

6 Likes

That build is awesome.

Greetings everyone. While this is fairly simple I still wanted to share it for two reasons. First it is the very first piece I have created from scratch, using Fusion no less…and initially i didnt think i would ever figure that program out. Secondly…the resolution of what the table and this Everlast plasma is capable of. 16g. hot rolled. 35 amps at 180 ipm. might have been just a bit slow as i had a bit too much dross on the bottom but nothing too terrible.

4 Likes

That is great quality cutting! How much hand finishing (sanding, grinding, etc) do you need to apply and whats your favorite method?

Also, what gauge (or thickness) is that sheet?

Thanks. The gauge is 16. The sign is 22 inches in diameter. I used a flap disk only on the back side and I spent maybe 5 minutes but probably less dressing it up. It came off pretty easily. I prefer to use a wire wheel cup or flap disk on a grinder for most things.

Some of the reasons I have been absent…

36" x 32"

32" wide

Roses are 22gauge metal…painted with color cast by dupli-color

7 Likes

So what’s happening with the workshop upgrade?

Played a little with the copper sulfate finish this weekend… Happy with the results. A couple coats of clear enamel really made the oranges and browns pop!

6 Likes

@toolboy nice work, but you really need to get those nails clipped. :rofl:

6 Likes

First cuts! I had success! But not without some small hurdles.

11 Likes

@Maine-Maker

First cuts are so cool!!

Thats it!! You’re hooked!!

3 Likes

Beautiful work!

1 Like

damn how did you get that look on the panel for the Rhebergens? i love it, and the detail on that owl is superb

Here it is installed at the cabin. There’s still a filler piece in the corner to do.

14 Likes

funny guy…funny guy

this stuff is great for fast patina effect…spray it on clean metal…and within minutes you get that effect…you can vary the effect by spraying water or peroxide on the metal…

as for the Owl…it was designed by a friend…it is amazing

5 Likes