It's been awhile. Post those projects!

Because size matters

here are a couple of my projects that have been keeping me occupied the last couple weeks.

6 Likes

mag grounding clamps are nice if you only cut carbon steel…

would you share the cad files for that belt grinder?

I found this yesterday,

Sort of like this:

I’m still working on it. Doing a few tweeks and changes. Not sure if I’m going to sell kits, or just give out the file. Probably give it out, and if I do I’ll post it on Fireshare as dxf files. If I decide to do kits, I’ll make up a simpler version and post that.

1 Like

I have a few other grinder plans i have found on the interwebs, when i actually decide to make one i’m probably going to take the best features of all of them and come up with my own design. so when you do finalize your design, i’d like a copy. i’m not apposed to compensating you for your time. trades, cash, whatever…

Finished up the bmw g80 m3 tonight, wet charcoal powder coat

3 Likes

Made this for a freind who retired from the navy in april.

4 Likes

No problem, happy to share ideas. I’ll let you know. I’m puzzling out where the idler wheel will go best. Waiting on some new nozzles for my plasma torch. Cutting 1/4 and 1/2" plate tends to eat them up.

This is a pretty decent open source grinder project. Worth taking a quick look at.

https://sayberosg.com/

7 Likes

thats awesome, thanks for the link!

In return ill post an order I cut tonight

3 Likes

thats nice i need to do something like that for the home shop

1 Like

thanks for putting this on here!

Thanks to dogcreekcustoms for this design. Made it for my 2 year olds birthday. Turned out pretty good. Painted with neutron star and baby rockstar sparkle powder coat from prismatic powders.

5 Likes

very nice. also my 12yr old daughters name.

I got one and love it… then I wanted to cut a brass piece. I ended up just clamping a ‘C’ clamp to the brass sheet and attaching the mag clamp onto that. Worked just fine, and it’s so much easier for sheet steel.

Magnetic work clamps work fine as long as you keep them clean and use them on clean metal. Always use gloves to remove them after you have been cutting or welding . They can get very hot and burn you bad.

4 Likes

Modified a HF cabinet as my new welding cart for multiple welders and way more storage. Drawers are already full.

Base is 2x2 1/8" angle iron. Designed, cut and bent a few side trays and a double bottle rack. Didn’t do a good job of getting any photos during the process. I’ll paint some of the extras next round I spray.

IMG_6827

6 Likes