It's been awhile. Post those projects!

very interesting !

From my side of things, the fire pit its not a commercially available item and not sold for profit ! it is a birthday present for a close mate. The purpose of use regarding the logo and text is different from the registered trademarks purpose. From Langmuirs point of view I am not sure how it works !

Yes you are right tho !! Boner … you will find commercial photographers are all about ownership and copyright etc. I get it as I was a commercial photographer many years ago !

Coming from a business point of view, its not about the logo or the text. Its all about the cut quality and the precision of the Cross fire pro.

2 Likes

5 Likes

nice…even you balls look good…

1 Like

My wife likes the way they look to.

2 Likes

Thought I’d try cutting some scrap 4x4 box tubing I had kicking around so I made this street number sign and tossed some solar mini lights in it. Real happy with how it turned out and now if someone asks if I can do something like this I can say “Why yes I can!” :grin:

13 Likes

IMG_20210803_142324

Wall hanger.
Hung up in the gallery now.
Maybe somebody will like it and buy it.
I think that circle is 13 and 1/2 in

And here’s a small maquete of a larger stand we’re making for a large fossil.

7 Likes

I really like the bee sign :+1:

3 Likes

I tried one of these stands I posted earlier out of 10ga material.

I had to do some tweaking to the slots it wasn’t directly scalable.

Worked out ok.

The real piece is going to be other quarter inch so I made a couple tests slot and tabs.

I ran these at 65 amps 90 inches per minute

The slot I did at 75 in per minute 65 amps

Happy enough with the results from the test to think about cutting the actual piece this Sunday out of 1/4

This is piece we made from my partners mom.

There is one for download on file share but for some reason it’s just a JPG.
I found a picture online and did a few changes to it, made it a double layered and this is how it turned out.

3 Likes

I love the look! Very nice piece. What is the finish on the foreground material?

Ferric nitrate water patina. warm to hot applied. then clear coat.

Tool Crib for my upcoming Knee Mill

1 Like

And the quarter inch ones are cut out ready for finish.

Pretty happy how it all turned out.

Hopefully you can get all the finishes done and have this piece delivered to the client for the coming weekend.

IMG_20210808_134101
IMG_20210808_133348
IMG_20210808_133331
IMG_20210808_133343
The bottom two pics are the quarter inch and the 8th inch version together
IMG_20210808_134720
IMG_20210808_134718

4 Likes

Hopefully, gone are the days for the notepad next to the mill with scribblings of dimensions. That said, I just built this and it will be mounted to my mill. My AutoCAD drawings (and I do draw everything) are all saved to my NAS system anyways, so I have full access from my Tablet :nerd_face:

3 Likes

36" long cut into 14ga…raised letters on neck…
I placed the letters in place by “Crazy Glue” then flipped it over and TIG welded the letters in place

6 Likes

just a few signs…

6 Likes

Made a couple mountain bike bottom bracket wrenches for a customer who couldn’t find one.

Took a few basic measurements with a caliper and then laid it out in fusion360 Cad and cam

One is made of 14 gauge and the other 10.

Both wrenches fit the spline straight off the table.

Very little dross at the high inches per minute

I dressed out both wrenches out a little.

13 Likes

Finished this fossil stand.

I think our client is going to take delivery Monday.

So the three different sizes of stands, the biggest is 1/4 the medium size is 10 gauge and the smallest is 14 gauge
IMG_20210814_181707

8 Likes

Nice project, tig welds are perfect…

2 Likes

Not perfect for some reason there where a few spot that it didn’t cut all the way through. I think I need to fine tune the THC control.

3 Likes

What finish did you use on the fossil stands. It looks really nice!

1 Like