It's been awhile. Post those projects!

Maybe we should start another thread to talk about 3d printers/printing.

3 Likes

I thought about that but then looked at the title: You guys are right on target.

It does not say “what kind of projects”. You are talking projects.

3 Likes

I have the Kobra max by Anycubic. Seems pretty good. I had some issues and their service model is just mail new parts from China. Their support by email though was pretty good for response timeliness. Sometimes I could have troubleshot more but they just basically say this is bad item and one was in the mail. The print quality is pretty good and you can really build huge items.

2 Likes

Looks like the Chinese have copied the Langmuir design for the Crossfire Pro and offering it on Alibaba under the Lotos brand. Hope I’m wrong about the copying, as I know the guys at Langmuir put a lot of resources into the development of this excellent machine!

1 Like

It’s actually a copy of the original crossfire using mach3. That control board is generic and can be bought on Amazon for $20. Looks like a direct duplicate/rip off down to the color.

1 Like

Here’s another topic we had started about the crossfire facsimiles.

Copy right down to the silk screening on the control box

1 Like

I sure hope the person that buys that machine can speak Mandarin. " Hello this is Xi , sure we will send you lots of parts.
You should receive in 3 to 4 weeks"

3 Likes

Yep. @langmuir-daniel should make sure the CBP is notified of the IP theft and get it placed on the interdiction list. They’ll get stopped by Customs and destroyed. At least it’ll keep the U.S. customers in the original creator’s family.

4 Likes

Friends kid got his first deer during the youth hunting. I made this from a picture he sent me. It’s 8x10" so it should really look good on the wall for display.

9 Likes

I’m working on new design and did a video on fonts in fusion 360. It can be hard to find these fonts with already made bridges or links.

6 Likes

Cool font, thanks for doing this, but… is the name of the font REALLY ‘font’???

At least call it ‘DonP Cool Font’!
Maybe even ‘DonP Cool Font Number 1’ :smiley:

3 Likes

Don might be shy and does not want the attention. Maybe just THE FONT!

1 Like

Wow nice Job on the bridging, Thank you

1 Like

I haven’t made my own font. I had to name the zip folder to put the .ttf inside to post it. I have others videos I started to make so we can link them for new users. I use loom.

1 Like

Students in my ag machinery class got started on building a winch bumper. In two class periods the winch plate portion is finished and ready for the outer shell to be bent and welded.

9 Likes

You have some very lucky students.

And, I see your new plasma cutter!

2 Likes

Had some fun today doing a burger press from fileshare. Appreciate Chris K. sharing it.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/burger-press

8 Likes

Id let that soak in vinegar over night and remove the mill scale then season with some cooking oil and bake it.

2 Likes

I feel like you just want to prolong my burger pressing experience… No patience for using vinegar on this today. Straight to muriatic acid bath with a chip brush to apply on mill scale near the handle… Its in the oven now with sunflower oil. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How dare i assume that you were ignorant of the power of muriatic acid kind sir.Press on!!!

2 Likes