Issues with cutting

So place the 16 gauge piece and clamp torch right above it?

Image edited with help from BigDaddy below!

1 Like

I shall remount and try again ill keep you guys uodated

Set of feeler gauges would be much better than a sheet of 16ga. Then you can check both cut and pierce height.

2 Likes

That’s close enough for the girls I hang out with!

2 Likes

Funny story related to that. My brother and I were building a new door for a shed at my parents. My brother had just ripped the sheet of plywood and his cut was about and 1/8 off of what he planned. After he finished, he said shoot… it’s a little off. With his wife walking up behind him I said… “good enough for the women we go out with right Jim”… He replied with an enthusiastic RIGHT! His wife yelled out… IT BETTER BE PERFECT!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Alright i realigned the torch and its giving me 16 now.

That message is too brief: What is giving you 16 (what)?

My bad. I realign the placement of the torch. The distance between the torch and metal after doing the cut height test is 16 gauge

1 Like

I think we have a misunderstanding here. Don’t think about the distance between torch and metal when you are repositioning the clamps. You need to get that lower clamp off the area where the consumables live.

Just remembered you don’t have the active z-axis. So yes, I guess that is where you would want the torch. Now do a test cut. See how it goes.

I guess I need some help from you and others that know about a system without an active z-axis. Is there any point of setting a pierce height in the gcode since this action will not occur?

3 Likes

It should be on the first page of the manual.

5 Likes

Thanks BigDaddy. I looked for that image and could not find it!

2 Likes

His profile says he has the Pro table, so he definitely has a powered Z axis and IHS. Setting the torch height manually is useless in that case.

---------OP IGNORE THE INFORMATION BELOW---------

To answer your question about setting a pierce height(or cut height) on a table without a Z axis. Those should always be zero or you will get an error that the IHS is not in the expected state.

3 Likes

yea i do have a z axis. Ill be doing the test cut today fingers crossed

1 Like

Man thank you all for the help!!! I get discouraged about it and you guys always help me out!!! Thank you guys a million!!!

5 Likes