Inkscape, Crossfire size limitations

So, my daughter is marketing our newfangled, awesome machine and we’re getting requests for signage quite larger than the Crossfire can handle, at least in one go. Surely there’s a way in Inkscape we can design the sign, then cut the artwork into manageable size sections for production on the crossfire. Then, post production, we weld those sections together.
Can’t seem to find any decent info on this idea,what am I missing?

I know how I would do it in affinity, just breaking up the paths, but it would take me a minute to find the corresponding tools in Inkscape. Basically draw four squares and subtract each one to create 4 quadrants to cut separately. Using align and distribute to center.

Indexing sounds too hard for me right now, but here’s this.

1 Like

Ok, great. Will dig into that over the weekend. Right now, I’m getting work cutting electrical control and instrumentation panels. So the machine is certainly earning its keep running those… can’t complain! :grinning:
Thanks for the responses guys!

Search around for “indexing” cuts if you have not already. You may find some good info on here about some techniques. (Edit: Brown fox found a good one above - I missed that)…

1 Like