Incomplete cuts

I didn’t see if you’re using drag tips so your pierce & cut height are where I’d start. For pierce height I would go to 0.15" as generally recommended. Then on the cut side I’d use the recommended 0.06" height.

If you have THC with thinner materials that may be experiencing spring back, then reducing the cut height by 0.01-0.02 might make sense but start with 0.06 and then fine tune.

1 Like

I am done for the evening. I will give it another go tomorrow.
Thank you @mechanic416 @nicaDd @TinWhisperer for commenting and trying to help me out.

That pierce height is way too high and the cut height is too low. As mentioned, start with .15 pierce height and .06 cut height and see what that does for you.

3 Likes

ok everyone, I am back at it.
Changed to recommended settings and still not completing a part
@ds690 @TinWhisperer @jamesdhatch @mechanic416 @nicaDd

I swear this thing cut parts BEFORE I upgraded air with copper pipe and refrigerated dryer

makes me think you are not getting proper air flow …do oyu have a pressure gauge on the plasma to watch your air pressure?

I keep an eye on the gauge on the front of the plasma…it reads 75-80

Is that while cutting?

@Phillipw , yes as it is cutting

I may not have seen when I read through what plasma torch do you have?

I have the razorweld X45

Have you tried slowing ipm. I have the razorweld also. When I get home I can look to see speed… I normal cut 14 ga at 90 ipm.

the cuts on 11 ga at 85 ipm and 45 amps looks great, its just not completing the part

I would try about 65 ipm for a go. Where are you getting consumables and have you tried new ones

I have hypertherm consumables right now, gonna use them up and then get the razorweld. And yes, I have put new ones in…

Here is a cut chart. There is a guy on here sell the best ones I have used . Name is George.

I will not be able to work with table tonight…but tomorrow evening I will adjust ipm and see if that cures things

It may I hope.:+1:good luck hope something will help.

1 Like

One more ?? Is your torch raising before it stops cutting?