I'm going to try sheetcam and have some questions

So the lead distance is .250?

So that is a “job file” not a tool? What is a “job file”?
Yes I did click update but still lost my new settings.
I need to go watch the arclight videos to learn how to use sheetcam.

A job file is the Sheetcam file that contains the drawing and all of the cutting operations, so you can open it later and make changes. The .tap file that is created when you post process the operation is just a g-code file and you can not bring it back into Sheetcam to make changes to it.

Any time you exit Sheetcam after importing a drawing, it will prompt you to save the job file. After the job file prompt, it will prompt you to save the default tools. If you have made any changes to the tools, you should save them.

If you are having difficulty changing that tool, just create another one with the changes you want. You can either keep or delete the tool you don’t want. I have a list of tools on mine for different metals and thicknesses.

Sheetcam is not that hard to learn for basic importing of drawings and creating cutting operations. Some of the other features are not so intuitive and you need to search for how to use them.

I have a Loom video of importing a drawing, creating an operation and post processing here. Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

In the video, the process is super simple, because I already have the tool setup and the layer is already selected. You may have to choose the tool, layer and offset you want, but it should be just that easy to do a simple part.

This make more sense now, Thank you. I’ll go watch that video! I’m sure it will help!