I get this error every time I try do make a cut..Why?

Are you using fusion 360 or sheetCAM?

Make sure you’re not in milliseconds

Fusion 360

It is grounded yes

go to .8, that’s usually the sweetspot.

Does your torch manually fire in fire control?

I haven’t tried that this time

Let’s start from the beginning and make sure the torch fires through Firecontrol. Try using the manual torch fire button

Is this a Razorweld plasma cutter?

1 Like

Primeweld 60 and I’ve cut other pieces so I know the system works. But I just designed some pieces in fusion 360… the delay is at .5 right now 80 ipm 3/16 material 45 amps

.5 sec is too short for 3/16. Try .8-.9

And you’ve used the torch Height control with some success in the past?

Can you post your serial number and DOP on this topic and I’ll add it to the list

Yes, sometimes it works fine, I am home now but I’ll be back at my shop in the morning. so I’ll check then

From one of your previous posts I see that you were using a CNC port for voltage. Is this still the case?

Definitely recommend hooking up internally. raw voltage.

use .8 for the cut60. there’s an inherent delay on the Pro control box from when commanded to fire to when it actually fires and it’s usually around .5 secs.

I was able to use .3 secs on the OG crossfire w/mach3 & cut60 then when i upgraded to the pro, i had to up the pierce delay to .8 just to get it to fire using the same files.

Ive been getting that same screen on a random basis as well. Ive had lots of successful cuts on 16g w .5 pierce delay but 2 different times after being away from the machine for a few days but literally not touching a thing I get the same screen when I try to cut. Torch wont fire. Not manually thru firecontrol or when I do the test program. I went thru all connections, did refresh on thc and sytem and then fired back up. Nothing. Did same procedure again and miraculously torch fires and all is good. No idea what was wrong. All connections where tight and protected. Gremlin somewhere??

sjak, this is exactly the way this one acts…

There is no magic there. If the torch won’t fire, then there is a break in the connection between the plasma cutter and the control box, or the relay is bad. I would suspect that there is a break in the torch firing wire or the plug is not fully inserted into the control box(sometimes it takes some force to push them in all the way) Moving the wires around probably made the connection again.

2 Likes

the relay inside the box came loose again…not sure why but it happened twice already and haven’t had the machine long

I have to agree with ds690 that its no magic and it has to be something as simple as a plug not in tight enough? And theyve all been tight… I just havent pin pointed which item has been the weak link (gremlin).

So the relay in the box was loose and that caused your problem IconicRods? I havent touched mine so ill look at that today. Could be when i mess with other connections that relay is moving at some point and reconnecting.

1 Like

Checked my machine today and once again would not fire. Tried to go one step at a time and try to manually fire with no success. Did a THC and System reset and torch fired. Jogged machine to do a strait cut and wouldnt fire. Pulled torch fire plug, put back in and it fired. Bottom line is it is super touchy and seems to be getting worse. Shouldnt have to glue or tape these cords in you would think. I may contact Langmuir and get a replacement before im stuck not making any contact. Just dont know if its the cord end or the female part in the box.

It’s pretty easy to damage those cords by accidentally stepping on them. My torch wouldn’t fire one day and looked at the cord and found that I had completely broken the barrel connector off the end of the cord. I just ordered one of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08L6LJ5F4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
cut the female end off and spliced it onto my CNC port.

1 Like

Good call. Nice to know its a generic cord like that. Hard to believe its damaged as it has not been abused in any way. Oh well. Thanks for the link.

1 Like