Hypertherm 45xp CPC

Hey there! Just picked up my Langmuir Pro and a Hypertherm 45xp. I didn’t realize that the Hypertherm CPC port wasn’t standard so I don’t have that on mine. I can hardwire it to make it work or get the upgrade kit from Hypertherm. I’m curious if one is better than the other.

More to the point, I have a machine torch to stay on the table and a handheld torch to plug in if needed. Will adding the CPC port make that easier? Make a difference at all? or?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! I’m sure you’ll get answers here, but I want to commend your very well constructed posting! Good job!

2 Likes

I have the Hypertherm 45XP with the CPC port and was happy that I did not need to open up the machine. You are going to need to open your machine either way. No biggie. You will just be using the voltage divider (supplied with your table from Langmuir), wiring directly. If you had the CPC port, you would be using the $75 CPC cable to the CPC port that would have been wired by Hypertherm: could of - would of - should of scenario.

Notice in the graphic, FireControl is only interested in 4 wires and two of them belong to the on/off switch to the torch:

It you wanted the CPC port for other reasons, it may be prudent but at this point you would be paying for the CPC port and the CPC cable and still need to open up the machine.

My goof was that I bought the machine with the CPC port but with two different hand torches: No machine torch. I had to pay another $800 for the machine torch. OUCH!!!

You will be fine. Just follow the instructions that you find online for direct wiring your unit. You will be very happy with your Hypertherm cutter so it is not likely that you will be looking to upgrade anytime soon unless you routinely cut thickness of 1/2" and more.

Welcome to the forum!

This link might prove helpful but note, this was for wiring with the hand torch:

And this link has some good information:

One last reminder: don’t use the hand torch mount with the machine torch. You really need the machine torch mount with the machine torch or you will damage your machine torch:

1 Like

Thanks for all the info!

What other reasons are there? I assume that the CPC port (or the hardwired) does not need to be disconnected when using a hand torch?

That is true. I was thinking of ease of hooking up to multiple machines, sharing with others or resale/upgrade value. It looks neater, if you are neat-freak. Just “threw it out there” so to speak.

But the original point was to ask: “Do you want to spend the extra money for the CPC port upgrade, then buy the CPC cable and still need to open up the machine?” Not trying to second guess your needs.

Edit: The real reason I said it?: Your name and picture scare me so I didn’t want to anger you!!! :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl:

Thanks for the help!

1 Like