How to cut a single line

Hey I’m back finally and I seen what you were talking about with the sketch visibility toggle, after turning it on I was able to see all my lines, I hadn’t noticed it was off before. Thanks for the video as well that was very helpful to see how to do that, very much appreciated. Towards the end of the video when you make the two different 2d profiles does it cut it all at once, and why did you switch the order of the files? Thanks again for helping me figure this out.

You are welcome for the video.

I wanted to take the operation that had all the line cutting in it which happened to be the second operation and have it cut first so that the final operation cut the outer perimeter.
Another way of putting it is I wanted it to cut all the interior geometry before it cuts the exterior geometry.

That’s good to know and makes complete sense. I wasn’t aware that I could do multiple profiles or that I could rearrange them, that will be very useful in the future. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

“Operations” but I think you may be limited to one operation with the free version of fusion 360.

I will keep that in mind. Thanks.

I did start a bit of a fusion tutorial series on the forum site.

I think video seven might be about doing single line cutting we’ll see.

1 Like

That’s cool I will definitely check them out, especially #7. These kinds of video are very helpful for me and I enjoy learning how to more operations.

I just want to say thanks. I gave up on single line cuts early on. Now I will have to go back and try it.

I don’t use my cutter as much as I should, mostly cause I like fusion as much as slamming my hand in a door. But I’m to damn cheep to buy a new computer or sheetcam!

Alot of y’all on here are very good with this stuff. And I thank all of you who give advice so halfwits like myself the ability to get some use out of the money we spent.

1 Like

Hello, TinWisperer, or any one else that has
some advice, I have been working on some projects now I have figured out the single line thing, but I have another question I would like some help with. When cutting a single line the cutter leaves a big hole at the end of the line and when it starts it starts off to the side. I have a pic of it for an example. So I have tried a few things myself but it hasn’t fixed anything. It also does it on all my cuts but it’s not as noticeable as the single line.

Hope the image works.

Are using sheetcam or fusion 360?

It appears that you might have your Pierce clearance not at zero.

Also you’re going to have to trim down your Pierce delay in fire control to the point where it just barely activates. .5sec and then trim it down to 75% of that in fire control.

Post your f3d file and I can look at it closer.

I did make this video on single line cutting there might be a piece and vote help you along in there.

1 Like

I am using fusion 360, I can post the file when I get off work, also check my settings.

Here is the dfx file, I had the compensation set to center but it still starts to the side of the line, I had the pierce clearance at .055. Where do I see what my pierce delay is set at?
Plow.dxf (116.4 KB)

Pierce delay is set at .5 sec

for the line cutting part this need to be set to zero.

Without a F3D file i can not see how you have done your set up.

I took the DXF file and ran it though F360.

Here is a F3D with a parameters set up how I may go about it. I assume 14 gauge mild steel as the material.
here is and torch setting I used

udot shed 4484 v1.f3d (603.1 KB)

e7dddaf3310421ca0157820b0c886ff96d60203f_2_528x500

udot shed plow 4484.nc (114.6 KB)

Cut file

Good, now when your about to run this program dial back your pierce delay in firecontrol to 74%

Let me know how this pans out.

2 Likes

Ok I’ll try it. I did use 14GA steel. So I don’t know what a f3d file is or how to send it. Also which of these settings is causing the hole at the end of my lines? Or is it a combination of them. Thanks for the help.

This post goes through how to export a f3d file from Fusion 360.

This is a video that also explains the exporting of an f 3D file.

I’m not sure you’re F3D file will tell me more.
What kind of plasma torch setup are you using?

I asked cuz some torches just aren’t quite as quick with the “torch off” signal.

1 Like

It’s the razor weld 45 and it’s just a regular torch handle and the consumables that came with the machine.

Also when I got it the two ports to run the torch from the machine were backwards and so I had to plug them in the wrong ports to make everything work.

That’s happened quite a few times with the razor weld. Doesn’t do any damage to the machine but it’s inconvenient for sure.
How much use has those consumables had what does the nozzle opening look, like is it still perfectly round?