How Do You Manage Wastewater?

I have this to help with tip-ups and picking off hot parts…and it works like a charm cleaning the table of the bottom crap

2 Likes

I recirculate mine. Use a pond fountain pump. Big plastic bin. I dump a bunch of Arm & Hammer in it to make it alkaline. No rust or smell.

2 Likes

As far as the water!! I drain the tank into 5gal pails; let it settle. When I am ready to use the table again I pour the water from the pail watching for the solids in the bottom to come forward. I take this out and pour into a small leaching area. When the table is nearly empty I put the plugs back in and I remove the slats for cleaning. I use my Shop Vac. to remove the remaining sediment from the table. I put a baggie on my pickup magnet to remove large solids before I use the Shop Vac. When I am finished I remove the baggie and the magnet is still clean.

2 Likes

Well considering that we dug that metal outta the ground, seems pretty straight forward on where it can go. What do you do your grinding wheel metal dust?

1 Like

There are laws and regulations on properly disposing of contaminated water, depending on where you live.

That is a true statement. However plasma table water isn’t considered contaminated, hazardous, or toxic.

× Your septic tank won’t like the metal.
× City sewers don’t care.
× Commercial shops evaporate the water and dump the solids in the scrap bin.
× Scrap bins are sold to reprocessing
× local dumps recycle metals
× Some yards will pay you for it.

2 Likes

The water out of a Plasma table is NOT toxic or contaminated. I just give it to the plants in my backyard and they absolutely love it. I drain the table after every single use - the amount of water used is so relatively little that I found it very hard to justify any system to reuse it, especially when I have to use fresh water anyway to irrigate the plants.

1 Like

Rust isn’t magnetic. So your filter is essential to collect debris before it turns to rust which is almost instantaneous.

well…in the year I have been using my table…there is zero rust…I have pulled sheets off the table after cutting and a year later the scraps are still not rusty…
even the slag/dross in the tray is all magnetic and not rusty…

I use greencut…so nothing rusts and I live in climate that is one step away from Florida salt air for rust.

1 Like

I use a bucket system, and it sounds like several others do too. I have some photos of mine in a thread.

1 Like