Help! Torch won't fire on start from FireControl

I’ve managed to assemble the table, aligned everything and I just ran the break-in program. So far so good. Spent some time learning the basics of Fusion 360 and generated my first gcode (a bottle opener). Just tried my first cut and the torch won’t fire. I tested the torch free-hand and it works off the table but it won’t work on the table. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance—I know you guys are busy.

Are you using a CrossFire machine, or a CrossFire PRO machine?

Have you already checked that the relay is fully seated into the MCB?

Do you hear a “click” sound come from the relay when you use the manual torch fire feature in FireControl?

1 Like

I have a CrossFire PRO machine with a RazorCut 45. I’ll check the seating on the relay asap. I do hear a click sound when I run the manual torch fire feature. Thanks for responding so quickly!

Do you have the torch on/off cable on the cutter on the left or right port on the front? some cutters have them swapped from what the instructions have it as.

Not sure, but I’ll check first thing tomorrow. Thanks!

It works! Thanks so much for the advice. I just pulled the relay and reset it. I also reversed the cables on the machine per nicaDd’s suggestion. It works perfectly! Thank you both so much!

1 Like

Awesome, I’m glad to help!

1 Like

I just finished setting my new machine up as well, and same problem I can’t get it to fire, I swapped the cables on front of the plasma cutter as well solenoid clicks air starts to flow but there is no fire. any ideas? thanks in advance, hold the phone! just turned up the air pressure and voltage, All good now!

I think I am having the same problem as you but when I have the THC control on the side deselected it runs the program without firing the torch but if it is selected it will not even start the program. I have tried doing the stuff above but it isn’t working. Thank you in advance

does it fire when you pull the trigger on the torch?

yes it does but it turns off automatically after a few seconds

ok so enabling manual fire in firecontrol then pressing the fire button, what does it do?

When I did that nothing happened only the click from the electronics box.

That tells us that the relay is working correctly and the issue is in the wiring between the control box and the plasma cutter.

What cutter are you using?

If it’s a Razorweld, you probably have the torch firing and divided voltage wires switched. There are lots of documented cases of the ports being switched on the Razorweld machines. Try swapping those connectors and see if the torch fires.

1 Like

Sorry for the late response I did do what you said but nothing happened so I am thinking something was wired wrong. I was told it was right but maybe you could help with it.
DIV input is going to on/off on plasma torch
DIV output is goin to the electronics box
PV output is going to 50:1 on the plasma torch

torch on/off from cutter goes straight into the torch on/off on control box. THC output from cutter goes to DIV input on little black box, then DIV output from black box goes to thc input on control box.

1 Like

Torch on/off plug on the front of the plasma cutter goes directly from the plasma cutter to the electronics box.
Div. Output from the plug on the front of the cutter goes to Div. Input on the VIM(black plastic THC box)
Div. Output from the VIM goes to the electronics box

The PV output from the VIM is not used, unless you decide to use raw voltage from the cutter.

1 Like