Help! Torch rising

Voltage is definitely high. It is odd that the Smart Voltage took two different readings during that short cut. It should take a reading at the beginning and hold that value until the cut loop ends or the speed drops below the cutoff threshold. I agree that the OP should go back to the default settings and try to find the realy problem.

Is the Miller hooked up to raw voltage?

2 Likes

Thanks for all the input. I went back to default settings on the THC settings. i did a few 8 inch test cuts on some scrap set to 25 amps @ 80ipm and it looked to cut normal. i will cut some pieces out soon and make a full video of the cut and screen record. here is a picture of my torch and the recording of the 8 inch test.

the smart voltage held like it should this time and i checked my torch height and that was on point.

1 Like

Also, how do you adjust the plunge rate with fusion? Is it possible?

It’s not possible without manually editing the code.

1 Like

Fingers are crossed… i cut a few pieces today. 25a 90ipm 16g stainless.
The piece was a air vent grill.
The first cut did good on the inner cuts. The outer cut had a little warpage to battle against. The tip dragged the metal a little bit.

I made small adjustments to the Z speed and the second cut kept a safe distance from the material.

I will keep a close eye on it and hope everything is well. I still have a feeling the culprit is there.

1 Like