Have no arc voltage

No voltage out of the plug and no continuity between red banana plug and clamp.and no continuity fron shell of usb to frame.

Hooked the black and red banana plugs up where they come out of the cutter now I have voltage , continuity from red banana plug to the clamp and I have 2 volts on the thc plug…Still goes to start and cuts about 3 inches and stops.

Are you now seeing the correct voltage in fire control?

yes ,but it was there before when running divided voltage. It stops moving after cutting 3" . The torch stays on for a bit then shuts off.But it just stops every time.

I have cut several pieces . It was stopping in the middle.Now it stops after cutting 3".

Oh ok- I misunderstood your original problem. Your THC is working fine but you are having interference problems from your plasma cutter which is causing FireControl to freeze.

Fortunately it’s a simple fix- you’ll need to remove the L1 inductor from the motion control board and solder a short across the pads. If you don’t feel comfortable with that we can do it for you! Only take a few minutes to do.

Here is the thread describing the process. FIX: Interference From Plasma Cutter Freezing FireControl

Did the mod. Still have the same problem.Will go to start and cut three inches and stops. Only now sometimes the torch wont fire.

Any ideas.??? HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET JUST THROUGH ONE CUT PIECE
IT HAS WASTED SO MUCH STEEL AT 50.00 A SHEET. I REALLY NEED SOME ANSWERS. Your ad said production ready.

Sorry about that, the forum posts don’t go to our technical support ticket system so forum posts can sometimes be missed by us. The best way to get a guaranteed and relatively immediate response by our staff is to send an email to support@langmuirsystems.com

As far the issue, do you have a video showing what’s going on? Are you getting an arc voltage lost error or is FireControl still freezing? You removed the L1 inductor and soldered a short across the pads?

arc voltage lost error and yes i did the L1 thing.

Sometimes it goes 3 inches and quits and sometimes it quits half way through the job.

So FireControl is not freezing? If you toggle off THC in FireControl will it cut your whole program?

It definitely sounds like an interference issue. Move your plasma cutter as far away as possible. Make sure you have plenty of ferrite chokes installed. Make sure that you have no ground prong on your laptop power supply. Make sure you have no continuity between USB and the table.

I’ll try all that. Thank you.

Is FireControl freezing or are you losing arc? If you actually see an arc voltage lost error, then firecontrol isnt freezing. A video would be extremely helpful.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPFMHJAhcGaJyWdGgV2HJjM6Qth_Q7muFX7g2kl
It failed on the first try so i started it over just next to the first. Notice on the screen how the lines disappear as it cuts. I dont know if its supposed to do that or not. And you cant see it in the video but the gantry is kind of jitery. I checked all the bearings and they are ok. It moves fines when manually jogging it. It drops out still with arc voltage loss almost every time.Could it be a faulty relay?

It appears that there is an issue with the link you posted.

that didn’t work either. might have to do it in YouTube.

check email