Has anyone tried the new version of SheetCam?

In my humble opinon, SheetCam (despite its current ill-behavior) is the BEST CAM tool I’ve ever used. Of course, I’ve only used about 6 or 7 or 8 different ones in different applications. The reason I check in on the status of this new version is that I am totally dependent on it for at least 3 or 4 tools (only one of them is plasma) and, literally, gotta have a working version.

2 Likes

Version 7.1.7 …

It’s still early but it seems to me that regardless of the tool I choose in creating an operation the feed rate in my TAP file is 60IPM… Still trying to figure out if the problem is local…or the update…

Ver 7.1.7 is a development version and likely to be unstable …Latest stable version I can find is 7.0.7 and that seems fine on my machine so far.

1 Like

Is there a good tutorial for Sheetcam 7? All the videos I’ve found have icons that look drastically different. Or is this an issue where I haven’t gone in the right sub menu or something?

Yeah, but in the Microsoft era we always went with the " don’t load a ’ dot oh’ version" ( remember Windows 3.0?) :rofl:. But seriously, back up your toolsets, ensure you have the install for the version you are currently running, check the change log on the sheetCam website to see what fixes it covers and, if you wanna try it, go ahead. Les is really responsive on fixes. But the important thing is “BACKUP YOUR STUFF FIRST!” and have the install file in case you have to rollback.

1 Like

follow the arclight dynamic videos on YT. good beginner basic how to’s, although the screens and icons might now differ because of their recent revamp of the software.

1 Like

…And, here we go again, though I fortunately did not encounter any of those issues:

V7.0.8
Fixed: Crashing on close on some computers (for real this time!)
Fixed: Occasional crashing on loading a drawing when in start point or action tab mode

The download and update log can be found here:
https://www.sheetcam.com/downloads?log=SheetCam%20TNG#SheetCam%20TNG

2 Likes

V7.0.10 Released today, stable so far for me.

V7.0.10
Fixed: In Edit contour ‘move to part’ does not work
Fixed: A few more translation issues
Fixed: More arc matching problems

1 Like

LOL! 10 releases in three weeks is NOT stable in my book!

1 Like

I’ve been holding out, waiting for a release that isn’t followed within a week with another release. Then I’ll know it’s stable.

1 Like

Your criteria is a lot looser than mine :slightly_smiling_face:

I guess I should have said, stable enough to risk trying.

Yup, that’s about right. :grinning:

The new shapes category is reason enough to download the current version. Making some caster plates, gussets couldn’t be any easier now. Well worth the bug period right now. I’ve not had any issues yet.

1 Like

Ver 7.0.13 installed and working fine here

Same here… 7.0.13 is good to go…

I really do not care what update it is…I will always update Sheetcam…after the developer of Sheetcam is on this forum…and for that I am grateful

1 Like

I have not and I feel same way. I use sheetcam for bare minimal things and its great. I don’t want upgrades!

If you want it to stop asking you to update go to Options->application options->advanced and turn off ‘Check for updates’

1 Like