Has anyone tried the new version of SheetCam?

I like the update actually. Just a bug or two and seems like they’re sorting it out quickly. So far 7.0.4 seems stable for me. :grinning:

2 Likes

Well, after accidentally installing 7.0.1 (apparently when I was first alerted that there was an update), and then installing 7.0.5 over it, I’ve had a couple of crashes (a couple were the crappy Intel display driver that SheetCam never did like) and a few others that weren’t clear what was the cause. I finally was able to try out a couple of my older design files and SheetCam did NOT present these in a way that was appropriate (the contours were displaced from where they’re supposed to be).

Net: I’ve uninstalled V7.0 and reinstalled 6.0.30 and will stay here for a while.

1 Like

i updated the other day and my toolset disappeared but i just loaded an old job with my updated tools and then did a save default toolset and everything was back. liking it so far but havent put a lot of time into it yet.

I’m seeing a new update out this morning. Have not indulged as yet though!

Yeah, this is what I would classify as “Yet Another Update”. Seems as if they’re having some SW stability issues. I’m sticking with V6 until they can go a few months before updates.

2 Likes

Yup, same here

1 Like

Living on the edge! …Well, I gave it a shot. So far so good, no craziness going on.
Here’s info from their site:

What’s new in SheetCAM TNG 7.0.6
March 19, 2021

Fixed: Names from menus such as move to layer end up in shortcut keys.
Changed: move to layer etc added to shortcut keys. These pop up a sub menu with the layer/part selections.
Fixed: Loading a part can leave other parts selected
Changed: Sliders such as corner threshold now show the value
Fixed: Arc matching making huge circles (hopefuly I actually got it this time)
Changed: Better circle detection when arc matching.
Fixed: Input boxes not selecting when you click on them
Added: 'Set part position' option in nesting (sets focus to part position X box)
Fixed: Shape plugin missing translation in dropdown boxes
Fixed: Not loading wxWidgets translation files
Fixed: Not translating units

i like that you can center pierce holes under a given size rather than trying to adjust the lead in arc for each hole size… has made my round holes much better.

3 Likes

New version out today. 7.0.7 I think… Not tried it yet.

1 Like

V7.0.7

Fixed: Crashing on close on some computers
Fixed: Input boxes not allowing you to set the carte position with the mouse

Thanks. Did they list what they broke with this new version?

1 Like

Hahaha! :rofl:

Nah - they’re waiting on us to tell them. lol

So, when I open SheetCam 7.0.6 it offers to update to 7.0.7, if I say yes, it starts to do it’s thing and then informs “another copy of SheetCam is running…” and I need to close it and try again. There is no other copy running! :scream::boom:

UPDATE:
After the fourth attempt, I rebooted the computer, tried again and it updated to 7.0.7

So, are you guys saying that I should be using sheet cam? How much does this coast? And can a beginner jump right in and learn how to use it? Started out trying to learn fusion, but ran out of free time and don’t want to buy something I couldn’t figure out to save my life. Can ya help out an old guy? Please!!

I’m a big fan of Inkscape & Sheetcam. Inkscape for drawing or modifying files (free) and Sheetcam for defining the toolpaths & generating the G-Code. Sheetcam is $140 from Langmuir for a lifetime subscription. Sheetcam is very easy to learn and makes nice clean G-Code.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ve had my table for awhile now and have cut a lot of art work off langmuir page, but would really like to get busy making some parts. :+1:

YES, it does! :nerd_face:
As you can see, I’ve decided to be the guinea pig and install all the updates coming out and report here. :rofl:

1 Like

I see that, and thank you! I would be pulling out my hair by now

from one old guy to another…I agree with Jamesdhatch…he is on the money.
plus there are a lot of videos and help out there and in here for both programs.

plus this old guy was a total noob a year ago…now…I am proud to say …I am still a noob…just a little older…but I use thos programs all the time

1 Like