Has anyone successfully used their MR1 with FreeCAD's Path Workbench?

I have my MR1 still in boxes as I have designed a custom base for it and am getting the steel, etc. to get that cut and welded together. In the meantime, I was looking ahead at how to get my FreeCAD path workbench set up for it.

Do they provide a tool library for their endmills and controller settings? What about a working post-processor? There is this thread from about a year ago, but I didn’t see what might have been figured out since. Any guidance is appreciated.

So a bunch of views and no replies seems to indicate that not a lot of people here use FreeCAD.

How about the question around downloadable tool libraries? Is that something that is available somewhere?

Harvey tool, NYCNC has some good ones. Lakeshore carbide, who I buy almost all my endmills, says they are working on one. NYCNC will want you to join.

1 Like

I bought a complete set from Langmuir. Do they sell the same ones that Langmuir does? I guess I’m wondering why they would have Langmuir’s tool library that I can import into my CAM software. I’m just learning the CAM side so sorry if that is a stupid question.

The tool library is a pretty fast opertion. Once you know how to put in the parameters its a breeze.

1 Like

Lakeshore carbide in upstate NY. Great people and super fast shipping. Excellent quality, too.

1 Like

For the standard shapes, it looks pretty fast. However for other non-default shapes, it looks like they have to be modeled - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgCPmCEnndo. I don’t know if that is just unique to FreeCAD or if that is common.

Sorry, I cannot help you with FreeCad—fusion guy, without any doubt.

2 Likes