Harbor Freight Titanium 45 Fine Cut Consumables or Torch Replacements?

Hi all,

I may have jumped in too fast in purchasing my plasma cutter while waiting for my Crossfire XL… I went out and got the Plasma 45 before finding this forum and learning more about fine cut consumables. I took it out of the box and tested it out so returning it isn’t as easy, but probably still possible because I am inside the 90 days but would have to eat the 20% restocking fee.

Is the Plasma 45 capable of fine cuts with the stock consumables?

If no, can you purchase fine cut consumables that are compatible with it? (The torch says IPT45 on the side of the handle).

If you cannot purchase fine cut consumables that work with the stock torch, is there a replacement torch that I can purchase that uses fine cut consumables that is compatible with the Plasma 45?

i think that cutter uses the same consumables as the Primeweld cut60 or IPT60 torch. is there a number stamped on the side of the tip? i think they come with a .9 (40 amp MAX) tip. you can get .8 (30 amp) tips from primeweld.

Awesome, thanks! Yes, it has the .9 40amp tip now.

that doesn’t look like a ipt60 tip. weird because harbor freight sells a 5 pack of ipt60 tips. they look like this.

Hmm, so does that mean those will not work with the Plasma 45 torch?

nope. maybe @mechanic416 can chime in. he’s the torch expert.

2 Likes

I just checked the Harbor Freight website and the ones the OP posted are the only ones they have listed now. They must have changed the torch on the Titanium 45. I know they used to be IPT60 compatible.

Thanks, so in your opinion should I just eat the restock fee, return the Titanium 45 and get something like the Primeweld Cut 60?

The Primeweld Cut 60 and the Everlast 52i are both good machines and cheaper than the Titanium. The Cut 60 had issues with electrical interference causing problems with the Langmuir machines, but people with newer machines are reporting that they work fine, so maybe Primeweld fixed that issue.

The updated Cut 60 is not released yet, but will be soon. Best to hang on a few weeks or call and see if they arrived early. Whatever the issue is (and it’s rare) it has cropped up in newer machines, too.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your help and input. I returned the Titanium 45.

Now the hard decision…I have a Hobart AirForce 40i that I could use, but I did not want to tap into the wiring for the torch control in case of warranty issues down the road (maybe I am worrying too much about that).

I was looking at the Razorweld, but it is more than the Titanium 45 with a lower duty cycle and 8 week wait.

I was going to pull the trigger on the Cut60, until I learned about the potential interference issues. Anyone know when that will be corrected?

So what should I do? Just use the Hobart? Get the Razorwled? Wait for the Cut 60 issue to be resolved? Or the Everlast 52i?

I am trying to get my side business going and cutting everything out by hand now and hand finishing with die and angle grinders and it is really slowing me down. So I would like to get up and running ASAP. And since I am just getting started and don’t know if the business will be successful yet, I wanted to keep it as budget friendly as possible and upgrade later down the line if it takes off.

@Jemejia @nicaDd @ds690

@ruminationhive They told me November, but that was a few weeks ago and supply chain/transport issues are a real threat to the best good intentions. Call or message them—they will respond very promptly and always try to be helpful.

1 Like

I’m happy with my Everlast 52i, but the Cut 60 is a better value if they get the interference issues worked out.

1 Like

I’m currently testing an updated version of the cut60 that Primeweld sent me and so far it’s been rock solid for the past 2 months. IDK when they’ll release it though. @Jemejia seems to have more insider info… lol

I honestly wouldn’t hesitate on the current one. Just hook it up to RAW voltage from the inside which is an easy process and still use the cnc port for the torch on/off. Plus if it craps out or you don’t like it, they’ll refund your money. 3 year warranty.

Also, just run extension cables for the torch on/off and thc cables so you can place the cutter on the outside of the table opposite the control box. that’s how i have mine and been running for the past 2 years or so.

1 Like

Up on wall no problems.

2 Likes

Rat196426 what torch it that? I’m using the titanium as well and am looking for something that uses fine cut consumables. ps nice set up

It is x45 from plasmadyn, have had no problems with it. However, there is no fine cut consumables for this set up. I have cut 18-gauge Sheetmetal no problems.
I cut all my materials at 45 amps just change my inch per minute speeds for what thickness material I am cutting. Contact George (@mechanic416) on this site, he will have what you want.
Thank you for compliment.

Thank you

1 Like

Thank you for the information. I’ll send him a msg
Thanks again.

First, The HF Titanium 45 never had a PT/IPT torch on it.

Second, HF only sells 0.9mm/40 amp tips for the Titanium.

Third, The best thing to do is swap out the torch for a PT/IPT hand torch or a PTM 60 machine torch.

Fourth, HF sells 0.9mm/40 amp tips for the HF 64808 plasma cutter with the IPT 40 torch

Hi rat - we have a fine cut kit to convert the X45 to an X30 (PMax30) and we also just got it fine cut tips and fine cut shields using the normal electrodes - early results are spectacular - contact us for details.

1 Like