Harbor Freight air dryer price drop to $299

Mine did have a bend in the lower venting. Makes you wonder if they read the weight on the box before picking them up and dropping them. That or, judging by the cream color, maybe they’ve lived a hard life in a warehouse for the last 40 years…lol

The decontamination process must have been aggressive. But, like I tell any naysayers… i prefer not to say it’s Chinese. Rather, it’s “imported”.

Where I live, I cringe every time I find that something is being shipped by FedEx. EVERY shipment is, at least filthy, if it isn’t also damaged. Parts missing because they fell out of the broken open boxes, soda or some crud spilled all over it, boxes literally tossed aside to get to something underneath.

1 Like

@jbowler13 It doesn’t seem to emit any noticeable heat. It runs constantly but is extremely quiet. I forget to turn mine off sometimes. My drain tube clogs sometimes but other than that, it’s been running strong about 8 months now.

2 Likes

Finally getting around to hooking mine up. Bought some brass fitting adaptors and they seem to fit fine, but after test fitting and removing them, they seem to have taken a bit of the steel fitting with them and left a residue in the brass threads. wondering what everyone else is using. I see in an earlier post @Rustybucket is using steel pipe adaptors, thoughts?

I saw that too with mine but I think(?) it may be something they put on the threads to either protect the threads or help with the sealing. Just a guess on my part. I used teflon tape to seal the threads.

Weird. The threads don’t appear to have anything on them, perhaps it’s just the color is so close. Thanks!

I used galvanized pipe fittings with selent.

I’ve been using mine for about two months. Works great no problems yet. I live in Orlando Florida lots of moisture in the air and it spits it out. Run two or three cycles with air compressor till I fill cold air come out then plug into plasma cutter. Very dry air.

Cut a file today that had the compressor cycling, no change in the color of my desiccant.

Forgot to plug in my dryer, cut the same file and the desiccant was consumed. Definitely worth the money.

Queue @ctgolfer posting his tubing and drip legs.

2 Likes

1 Like

It appears the HFT refrigerated air dryer has been discontinued, it has even been pulled off the website.

The compressed air dryer had great ratings as well. Maybe they were getting rid of the old stock before offering a new model which would orphan the old model. Coming out with and selling new models while there is an old model still in inventory hurts a lot of manufacturers. It is always a balancing act, coming up with new products and not damaging the sell of existing products they are replacing. That may be why they gave such a big discount on the air dryer the last few months.

1 Like

Glad I got mine before they became a hot topic.:thinking: Maybe they had a sudden run of new plasma owners and emptied the warehouse. :joy: We seem to have done their advertising for them… Hope it works as described, not sure if they’ll take them back now…

1 Like

So… who wants to sell me their air dryer? :slight_smile:

No way Ray!

Just some info, at work we have 3 driers, 1 for paint booth, cnc machines and 1 in qc for our CMM’s.

We always turn them on first to start to chill and then ease on air pressure, been doing it 35+ years…dunno if right or not, just what I was told to do. Home shops will have hotter air initially

1 Like