Getting inkscape to create a g code

I have tried everything i can think of to get inkscape to create a g code and failed.is anyone using inkscape and what am i not doing that i should?

Injscape is used for design,. You need to import SVG into either sheetcam or fusion 360 to create the gcode

2 Likes

Is there a downloadable version that will install everything for the crossfire pro in fusion 360?

There are some extensions for InkScape to produce gcode, but they’re primarily for use with craft and laser cutters. There is no FireControl or Mach post-processor (or really an architecture to support post processors at all.)

It’s programmatically possible to write an extension for InkScape to spit out Crossfire usable gcode, but it would requrie an enthusiastic developer to decide it was worth their time. As Madman notes, SVG is the primary output from InkScape. Even though I’m a heavy Fusion user, I prefer Sheetcam for the CAM stage of conversion from vector image to gcode.

1 Like

I got curious to do a bit more digging and found this interesting tutorial on producing gcode from InkScape. Earlier comments still apply.

1 Like

but this will not make gcode for the Langmuir tables…
Presently Langmuir only has a post processor for fusion360 and for sheetcam…
I do all my designs in Inkscape and then I use Sheetcam to produce the gcode for the langmuir tables…

Sheetcam has atrial version but it will only really allow a simple square to cut without buying the full version.
Or…
you can log in and get into fusion and use that…

2 Likes

Here is a link to the langmuir support page. Read through it and it will link you the fusion tutorials and links and instructions on how to install postprocess. Software Workflow | Langmuir Systems

2 Likes