G'day from Adelaide, Australia

Hi Cee Dub
Iam in Gawler having issue’s getting to download driver have contacted Langmuir no response yet

did you have issues

John

Hi, just joined the forums for a read, I believe your out Gawler way? Im from Adelaide, Blakeview and asking if you could tell me how the postage worked out? And anything else related :smile:
cheers
Dan

What a great thing to be learning and enjoying.

Hi Dan,
I cant remember there being any issues with the freight. It arrived on time, and was packaged really well.
From memory I was contacted by the freight forwarders to pay some additional import duties, but other than that it went really well.
I do know there is a large backlog of general shipments to Australia at the moment, so it might take a bit longer than expected.
Good Luck.
Cheers

Hello Aussies,

Just wondering on Freight and Import duties to Aust.

Price of Crossfire Pro seems too good to be true but there are other costs involved for us.

I just got mine, import duty tax cost me $220. Because they send it in seperate packages at different times the pets that are under $1000 fly under the radar and dont get charged gst

Thanks Mate.

That’s not too bad.
Will ponder on it !

Don’t think. Do it!

1 Like

Blokes from Australia what plasma cutter you using

Cigweld Cutskill 45.

Been cutting for 6 months now and it (and the table) hasn’t missed a beat.

Here is a post I made on the mods.

1 Like

Thanks mate I have the same plasma cutter it is all a big learning curve from here on out thanks for your help dude

Where abouts you located

No worries. Just south of Adelaide.

Hi all. Great to see such a contingent of aussies having a go with this machine. Anyone buy one of the older machines and start with the old clunky software for running gcode and then switch to fire control? I’m thinking I should update the software but what I have works fine and I don’t want to go backwards…

The only way to switch to FireControl is to replace the main controller. Langmuir does offer an upgrade which adds Z axis and optionally THC.

1 Like

Bummer - dont really want to have to spend another Aussie $1000 just to be able to use Firecontrol. Dont really need/want auto THC or adjustable Z axis.

The good news is that the system with Mach3 runs well. It’s what I use and have been using for over two years. The Mach3 USB controller board is better documented and it’s easy to add new capabilities such as limit switches, your own Z & THC implementation, etc. Furthermore, most of the electronic parts can be purchased locally to you.

1 Like

Hey Aussie_Ben, my name is Paul, I live near Clarendon in SA. I too am looking at a Crossfire Pro. How is the machine holding up now that a few years have passed since your original post? If you plan some cutting in the short term I’d love to have a look if you didn’t mind. Cheers

Hey Ben,

Welcome to the forum and to Langmuir owners! Best of luck with your new table’. There is a very strong community here, with lots of knowledge and a willingness to help.

Looking forward to seeing what you make with your new table!

• Dan
1 Like