Cigweld (ESAB) Cutskill 45

Modified the Cigweld Cutskill (45A version) to interface with the Crossfire Pro.

The Cutskill series has no external control ports so everything is spliced in internally. There is a handy air vent on the front that allows the wires to pass through without the need to cut holes in the casing.

1. Trigger switch was easy enough to find with a multimeter and the connect to internally with the Langmuir supplied t-splices. (Location shown by Blue circles on photo).

2. THC was a little more tricky. Had to make up cables. One cable connected to the earth clamp connector on the main board, the other to the grounding point for the main board. (Rough locations shown Red circles on photo). If you are doing this make sure you isolate any exposed part of the new connector in heatshrink to reduce the risk of accidently shorting something out.

A few hours of cutting and all is good thus far!

1 Like

Hey Ben,

i’m in Sydney and considering ordering a cross fire pro table, plus i already have the same plasma cutter as you.
any chance i could talk to you before placing my order?

@Michael77
welcome to the forum…

when needing to reach someone and get their attention…type their name like I have for yours and it tags them…

he was last on November 4th…

@Aussie_Ben …you still out there??

1 Like

And still above water??? @Michael77 welcome to the forum! I hope you’re managing well with the nasty weather you’ve been having down there!

Yes, still out here… and above water. Haven’t had much rain in my part of Aust.

Still cutting things too. Although I think I need a bigger shed! Looking at some of the workshops on here does make one jealous.