G-code motion error

I’m getting a “G-code motion target exceeds machine travel. Machine position safely retained. Alarm may be unlocked” no matter what routing or program I load; Touch Probe X,Y,Z, machining program, Tool Setter. Disabling soft limits lets the Touch Probe routine run. Disabled soft limits or not, it runs the Homing routine without issues.

Yesterday the machine ran fine all day.
Any ideas?

Check your work offsets to make sure they don’t cause a machine movement that would end-up being outside of the machine travels.

What’s happening is the machine is being commanded to move beyond its capabilities.

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay in checking this out further. Too many projects going on at once. The Tool Probe routine, as well as the small milling job, are all quite a way from the limits.What’s strange is that the next time I initialized the machine; no issues.

Instead, there’s a new problem. It won’t carry any amount of reasonable cutter load. 6061, new 3/8" carbide end mill, .070" DOC, 5000 RPM, 24 IPM. Inconsistent stopping locations but always the same error; “Hard Limit Triggered”. I’ve tried reducing DOC to .040" and 10 IPM. That just results in another location it stops at, with the same error.

Someone please help?

I should also add that I tried disabling the soft limits also. Same error, even at the much lighter cutter load.

Has someone from our tech support team reached out to assist you yet? Let me know.

The Tool Probe routine, as well as the small milling job, are all quite a way from the limits.What’s strange is that the next time I initialized the machine; no issues.

Instead, there’s a new problem. It won’t carry any amount of reasonable cutter load. 6061, new 3/8" carbide end mill, .070" DOC, 5000 RPM, 24 IPM. Inconsistent stopping locations but always the same error; “Hard Limit Triggered”. I’ve tried reducing DOC to .040" and 10 IPM. That just results in another location it stops at, with the same error.