Fussion Text Toolpath Inconsitant

Hello, Hoping for some help with text using Fussion 360. After exploding text, finishing the project and moving into the manufacturing space I have a problem with tool path generateration. When I set the tool path to cut inside the text geometry and then execute the tool path, the path only cuts on the inside on certain letters and the others it cuts to the outside. The fonts are all the same size and placed along a text circle. I have tried using different configuration settings but to no avail. When regenerating the tool path it also choses different letters to cut to the outside. Very confusing and I’ve wasted a lot of time trying to figure this out, not to mention wasted materials. Any help is appreciated.

@Nichonj

Nicholas,
First of all… Welcome and thanks for posting!!

F360 is not my “go to” piece of software to use but, I think you are about half way there with your text… Try going back and editing your sketch— Explode your text as you would— And then make sure to EXTRUDE your part before finishing your sketch… I think you will see different results…

Good Luck and keep us posted!!

I haven’t burned the part yet but it appears within the automated toolpath this worked. Thank you so much for the advice. Best!

1 Like