Fusion 360 will not allow intricate cuts

I always have issues with fusion deleting cuts because of linking constraints. Even if I set my leads and pierces to 0. These are files that I get off of fire share that others have cut no problem. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum.

Here is a topic from last week discussing this very issue

If this does not solve your issue please post some context of your issue. Eg. Screenshots, DXF files, parameters of the work and the tooling.

1 Like

I checked lead in and out off and turned my pierce clearance to .02 and even zero. They must just be too small. My kerf is set at .057. Using a powermax45 xp.

Welcome to the community. I was and still am having trouble with this issue. I changed my lead in angle to 90 and lead in distance to .040. I also changed my pierce distance to .008 since it adds it to your lead in distance. Sometimes that still doesn’t work and I just have to select what I am cutting and offset it and make it bigger . I am still learning myself. I have crossfire pro and razorweld 45 plasma. I have been cutting 1/8th thick at 30 amps, 50 ipm and 1 sec pierce delay. On 16 gauge I use 27 amps and 80 ipm. My consumables have been lasting a lot longer that way with minimal slay. I hope this helps and again welcome to the forum.

Thank you very much

Something I do in fusion that works but user beware…I lower my kerf width. This is tricky because if u go below your actual kerf then you will of course cause issue to your actual design. I have noticed that on small area will prevent me entire loop from cutting as well. I look at the deleted loop under the simulation, then decide if a more appropriate fix is to adjust kerf to cutters smallest capability or simply slightly modify the geometry of the piece. A lot of times it’s easier for e to just adjust the piece. And on a side note, regarding fireshare pieces, some of them need to be scaled really big to accomplish the actual geometry contained in them. In addition sheet cam handles that issue a bit differently it looks like, to me it seems to just delete the portion of a cut path that is noticeable too small if it can’t accommodate the entire loop. I could be wrong about that but it looks like it does that on the simulator, I haven’t purchased it to see if it actually does it for real.

1 Like

Sheetcam will just remove the parts the kerf width won’t fit in and still cut the rest of the loop. If there is a narrow spot, it will break the loop into two smaller cuts and remove the narrow part.

3 Likes

stated much better than i made it seem in my post above…lol. me and phone screens dont get along well.

2 Likes