Fusion 360 Text

i’m sure it is very powerful. I just hope I have some hair left after learning the part I need to know. I just watched the video TinWhisperer posted and felt empowered.

I did a quick sketch, added my text, followed the process and it looked great…until I got to the cut lines. It didn’t cut half of each letter. It cut some of all of the letters, (but I had selected stencil font), it ignored half of every letter. I’m going to give it a rest for now. It’s too frustrating!

1 Like

Thanks! After I asked, I found the link and subscribed to your YT channel. I made a simple rectangle with my name after watching the video. I used stencil font. It extruded great, looked perfect. I went through the manufacture process and everything seemed good until the cut paths. All of the letters were included in the cuts, but only half of each letter was cut if it had a bridge in it. That is frustrating. I don’t have an explination as to why it would do that. I will try later with another font.

You are welcome.

If you get to a point where you’re having issues like that save it and export and post an f3d and we should be able to retrace the steps and find out where the error lies.

3 Likes

Thanks. Will do.

Name plate with error.f3d (481.1 KB)

Here is a sample that I created today. It looks good, except the tail of the “C” is not included in the cut path. Can you please let me know what causes this?

I’ll fire up the live stream and go through it in a few minutes 8:10am mst

likely something long in the linking tab of the 2d profile menu

here is the file from the video
Name plate with error tin mod v0.f3d (461.8 KB)

1 Like

Ok. I changed the lead-in to 0 .1 and re-ran it. It did include the tail in the cut. I am still tryinjg to comprehend the variables of cut paths. There is a lot of information from YouTubers that is confusing. My kerf width is set per my user manual (Hypertherm 45XP) at .0.054 (14 guage mild steel is what I am cutting). The angle 60 degrees is defalt. Many videos recommend changing to 90 degrees. Some show selecting inside or outside cuts, direction of cuts, etc. It seems that every user has a different set of parameters the they tinker with. I’d prefer to find a workable setup and leave it alone.

And this is templates come in handy.

Once you have your 2D Profile menu the way you want it for a particular scenario you can “save as template” and " Create from template"

2 Likes

Thanks, That’s good to know. I watched the video you created, and I appreciate the critique and corrections.

1 Like