Fusion 360 is not starting tool paths

Fusion is not creating that tool path, it just pauses right off the bat. this is the warning its giving me ( Feature flags: inspection-in-pim (off) setup-sheet-viewer). I dont know what is causing this, I am not doing anything different than I did the first time I created a tool path. I have already cut out the image on the CNC but I saw a couple of mistakes and went to fix them and it will no longer start creating the toolpath.

See if the history of forum can help out…

If this isn’t exactly your issue try searching forum. If can’t find something you can always post your .f3d and someone will help out. It’s just much faster to search yourself than waiting for someone to solve it and ask a bunch of questions.

3 Likes

Steve, did you resolve your issue with the tool path?

If not, can you give us a little more information?

1 Like

I have not resolved it. I did get a link from fusion so I can chat with tech support, but I have a feeling that they wont help since I have the free version.
The only thing different that I have done that I have not any other time is that after I did the first cut with the cnc I deleted all the original files except my last one which I saved and exported to save on the hard drive. I have since then pulled all those files out of the trash bin just incase they are needed. Otherwise besides the PIM error the only thing the tool path is doing is Pending. It will not go any further. I work 2 jobs (70hr/wk) and I have some time and patience to get this issue figured out. I also have other drawing to work on in the meantime. I have not checked to see if the pending tool path is affected on other drawings, I can do that tomorrow.

If you share your f3d file, one of us could quickly look and see what is missing. If it has something you don’t want to share just save with a different drawing and name. But, make sure that it is having the same issue.

2 Likes

cool. will do. expect it friday

1 Like

That’s not going to work for me…I need it yesterday.

Just kidding. :rofl:

banger Drum set (v2~recovered).f3d (1.1 MB)

I gave it another shot last night to create the tool path and of course it worked. It was a little slower than the first time, it still shows the error code for the PIM. I was also able to save the g-code. have not though tried to cut it out. I am not sure if I will have the time today but im going to try to fit it in my schedule.

You’ve got some areas I would change before trying to cut this file.

You have some areas where I’d guess the gaps are less than 2 times your kerf width. I circled a few examples:

You also have an area where a closed loop is attached to an open loop.

Also, you need to create a separate toolpath setup for you single lines vs your closed loops. You’ll need different settings (like Compensation set to Center vs Left) for your straight line cuts.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

in the last pic, I should have 2 seperate cuts for that, one for the closed loop, and another for the line which cuts torwards the loop. The second pic should just be a line cut while the section will just fall out after the cut. With that first pic I will have to take a look at the kerf width settings. The pic is large enough to not worry when the part is cut out. I had wanted the lines to just be cut without a kerf, center cut, instead i tried to put such a small kerf to where it shouldnt matter. I really appreciate you taking the time to instruct me, it means alot. Thanks

2 Likes

everything cut out perfectly.

2 Likes