Fusion 360 Error: Frustration

CrossFire PRO user

So I don’t even know where to start besides I have done multiple tests and can not nail down why yesterday my Fusion 360 was able to create tool path and now today it does not work. It shoots me an ERROR. This is super frustrating because the things I have been doing for the last couple weeks are now just not working. Did Autodesk do an update? If anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated.

00%20PM

UPDATE: I made a change to the compensation type setting to In Control and it did then create tool path without Error code you see above. Maybe this is helpful to someone that can be of help, I don’t know?? Is it ok to produce code and run with this setting not being In Computer? From what I think I understand… this has something to do with Kerf and cutting directly on the edge of the defined line. Which doesn’t account for the Kerf width.

I had the same issue yesterday failing to generate a tool path. Fusion 360 recommended the following:

• Have you tried to edit the Setups in your design to see if any of the Model or WCS input is missing? If yes, please try to re-define Model/WCS input in Setup and geometry input in operations and regenerate toolpath .

This was more a hint than a solution.

In the end deleting the Setup in CAM, the one that worked before, and redefining the Setup and 2D Profile solved the problem. The issue came up again today and noticed there is a new parameter in 2D Profile - Passes for Outer Corner Mode that defines how F360 deals with sharp corners. Where there is significant detail using Rolled Corner seemed to work to allow tool path generation. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Yup just dealt with this…I selected roll around corner to fix.

Thank you both very much I was just able to give your Roll Around a try and it did create the path. Did either of your notice if the corners that it was to roll stayed tight and sharp? Did thing that you hoped had points turn out sharp as well? I really appreciate you being there thanks again.

I have been wrestling with this for a few hours. I continues to give me the same error.

What am I missing.
Enabled feature flags: setup-sheet-viewer tool-library-v4-release

Invalidated: Generation failed

Debug: Initialization elapsed time: 0 ms

Debug: Writing ironjob to C:\Users\Bud\AppData\Local\Temp\Fusion360CAM\1\operation18.ironjob

Debug: Writing jobfile to C:\Users\Bud\AppData\Local\Temp\Fusion360CAM\1\operation18.hsm-job

Debug: Using CAM kernel from: C:\Users\Bud\AppData\Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\production\0ec90c869b21f403f5768041793dee229e647b5c\Applications\CAM360\camkernel.exe

Error: Failed to generate passes.

Debug: Autodesk CAM Kernel 3.0.3 (b5188682) x64 STABLE vs2017 b5188682e5d4bc7aa282c8afdb247800459b35f7 2020/11/20 20:00

Error: Contour cannot be machined with sharp corners because it would cause a gouge.

Error: Failed to generate passes.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “operation18.ironjob”, line 806, in

Retried it and it cut… disregard. thx