First cut on the x fire, have a question

That doesn’t seem as drastic as mine was, but still could be the tips. How’s the piece look that, that was cut from?

Yea that actually looks much better than the angle I’m getting. I order new tips and a sub micronic air filter, so hoping that will fix my issues!

That looks pretty good. You guys can’t honestly expect HD plasma, laser or water jet like cuts with little to no experience and especially without height control. Remember cut height is VERY important as is amperage and speed etc. There is a such a large combination that needs to be correct go get really great looking cuts.

1 Like

I am having the same issues. I replaced the tip, check the angle of the gantry and still can’t get 3/16” plate to cut straight. Cutting at 40 ipm, 40 amps, 75 psi.
IMG_4970IMG_4972

Have you checked torch mount to slat bed level? Do you have a square?

Not sure why the link isn’t sharing, but if you scroll up on this thread you will see where Daniel posts a link on how to square up the torch mount assembly

Yes, that is what I meant by angle of the gantry. Sorry wrong term. My cuts are only angled along the y-axis. Did you notice the same thing?

With mine, the angularity was off on the whole cut. Have you checked that your cutting height on the gantry from + x and -x are good? You can do this by placing the gantry to the center of the table, with the torch all the way at -x, set the torch height with the 1/8” shim, then move the torch all the way +x, and see if your 1/8” shim fits the same.

Yeah I have checked that. In the last cut the angularity was off on all sides, but now after about 5 cuts my torch tip is going sideways again. I tried to run through everything before jumping on the forum. It just seems to cut so irregularly, one cut will cut all the way through, run the program again a few inches over and 1 out of three sides doesn’t cut through. But always with angled cuts.

And which tips are you using? Are you using the ones that came with the machine?

I bought a new set off of the langmuir website.

Alright well depending on what tip diameter those are, you could be blowing right thru them seeing as your cutting at 45 amps. If they are the .8 mm tips, they are only rated to about 35 amps where as 1.0mm is rated for 50 amps. Have u tried doin some cuts on 14g steel?

That is good to know, where are you getting your 1.0mm tips? I have cut quite a bit 20g and a little 14g. But this was all before the adjustments I did this morning. If you really look you can see some angle to the 14g cuts.

Here is what I use for reference

The tips I just got off eBay. Now I have yet to try them as I’ve just been cutting 14g and the .8 tips have been just fine. But as soon as I tried em on 1/8” aluminum, the tip was trash. So tonight I will try out the 1mm tips and see how they do

That write is great, thanks! I will be anxiously waiting to see how they do, if they work well do you mind posting the link to where you bought them? Are they S65 tips? I have a lot of 3/16" plate cutting work coming up so I am trying to get this thing dialed in before then.

Sure, here are the ones I bought

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=221358565392&category=11774&pm=1&ds=0&t=1513212844000&ver=0&cspheader=1

1 Like

Cool, thanks! If your cuts go well later today I will def be ordering some

For sure! I will update once I use em